I would like to change the neck on my Jackson JS30 guitar with another Jackson neck with reversed head stock and shark fin inlays, so if anyone knows another Jackson neck that will go with my JS30 body, please tell me.
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
But my current neck has 22 frets.Would a 24-fret-neck be suitable for it?I'm worried about a heel size.
My gear:
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
Umm
i'm pretty sure it wouldn't because of the scale lengths but you could easily but a different neck on it providing its got the right scale lenght and it fits in the neck pocket well.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Bull honkey.

A 24 fret neck with a 2-fret overhang would be fine.

Otherwise you'd have problems in the neck pocket.

Scale length doesn't affect the potential number of frets (except theoretically, I mean, you could have frets up to the bridge, and THAT's when the scale length would determine the number) but two necks, same scale length? The extra frets aren't magicked out of the aether.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
So, can I use any Jackson neck even if it's 24-fret-neck?
My gear:
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
i had problems when changin to a 24 fret neck on my randy rhoads...teh neck scale was too long i guess making all the notes i played two frets lower than waht they should be
Quote by Kur† Cobain
But my current neck has 22 frets.Would a 24-fret-neck be suitable for it?I'm worried about a heel size.

oops, I didn't realize your js30 has 22 frets (my js30 kelly has 24, so I assumed it would be the same...) anyways, like someone else has already mentioned, you need a neck with a 2 fret overhang if you want to switch to 24 frets, as long as there's enough room to fit the overhanging frets in without hitting the neck pickup. If you want to stay with 22 frets, I think that the rhoads style guitars are the only ones with sharkfin inlays and 22 frets, but I'm not sure if you can get one one with a reversed headstock...
Quote by Kur† Cobain
So, can I use any Jackson neck even if it's 24-fret-neck?

IF it's the same scale length
AND the neck is constructed in such a way that it attaches to the body in the same method, ideally at the same point AND can be attached without affecting the scale length.

Then yes, you should have no problems.

Otherwise... You have problems.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!