Page 1 of 2
My buddy got a slightly used vht deliverance 60 head and traded it for a brand new mg halfstack. I think i should hurt him. Hes just starting out and a local band gave him thier old head to help him get started with somtihn nice and he goes and trades it for a damned mg!!!! I had to vent to someone who feels my pain...
Last edited by The_Rooster at Sep 14, 2007,

Punch him in the face.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the deliverance is very nice. extremely nice.

the mg, on the other hand, is a piece of shite.

Your friend is a retard, as you've rightly pointed out, and as dev0id has rightly pointed out, whoever did the trade deserves to have a piano fall on them or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh dear.... what possesed him. Sorta wish there were more people in the world like that... would make an easy cheap deliverance!
It was a local shop owner that put it up for sale at $1200. I think it sold within an hour.
nah, don't punch him, he's suffered enough. the knowledge of what he's done will be more damage than you can ever do to him.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No need to punch in the face - He'll get what's coming to him when he tries making some good sounds with the MGstack - the realisation WILL be a punch in the face. Whlst using pianos as boxing gloves.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by The_Rooster
It was a local shop owner that put it up for sale at $1200. I think it sold within an hour.

I bet he feels retarded now, knowing that
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by The_Rooster

well you know what to do. get all your friends to boycott the shop, and get them to tell all their guitar playing friends to boycott it too.

I don't like anyone taking advantage of noobs. everyone was a noob at one point.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nah, don't punch him, he's suffered enough. the knowledge of what he's done will be more damage than you can ever do to him.

+1

what a sad story.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah, stuff like that makes me sad. that shop owner probably has more than enough money, while your friend is probably struggling to afford what little gear he can.

I hate people.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
omg. what a tragedy.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
A shop employee would've either bought it themself, or called up one of their friends to buy it straight away.

That's how guitar shop trade-ins work. All the good deals will never even see the floor, an employee or their mates will have it straight away.

I agree about boycotting the shop.
Quote by beckyjc
Dont worry, in a few years once he learns what hes done he'll kill himself.

Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Quote by TheDev01dOne
A shop employee would've either bought it themself, or called up one of their friends to buy it straight away.

That's how guitar shop trade-ins work. All the good deals will never even see the floor, an employee or their mates will have it straight away.

I agree about boycotting the shop.

yep.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, wahtcha do is steal your friends mg halfstack, take it back to the store and demand a "refund" or make your friend do it by repeatedly smacking him in the balls with a baseball bat..
Epi Les Paul/Swineshead Venom pickups
THD: UniValve Head
Lopo line 4x12/Celestion V30's @ 16ohms
there's darwinism at work for ya.
dont be angry with your friend though, if anything you should punch yourself in the face for not buying the MG halfstack yourself and trading with him.
survival of the fittest.
did your friend want an MG or did the shop owner foist it upon him?
It went like this... Im in the back lookin at PA stuff. I came back out and he is loading up a MG. He was only supposed to make sure the vht was in playing shape. Apparently the shop owner suggested scince he didnt have a cabinet of his own. (he was borrowing mine). That he could trade it in for the Mg and walk out with the whole zakk wyde setup. He got the mg and every pedal that zakk wylde has pimped and *****d out everywhere. He was happy, i could **** myself cause i didnt know he was that stupid. I asked the shop owner if he had any morals and when he goes to hell would he send me a post card?. He told me to leave and never come back untill im huge anymore. I told him that was impossible i have to stay this big so i dont fall into his daughters gapping puss. his daughter got arrested for prostitution.
LOL that's probably the funniest thing ever.

I'm totally sigging that, even if I have to delete stuff
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 14, 2007,
I think you should sig the prostitution part instead lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by The_Rooster
It went like this... Im in the back lookin at PA stuff. I came back out and he is loading up a MG. He was only supposed to make sure the vht was in playing shape. Apparently the shop owner suggested scince he didnt have a cabinet of his own. (he was borrowing mine). That he could trade it in for the Mg and walk out with the whole zakk wyde setup. He got the mg and every pedal that zakk wylde has pimped and *****d out everywhere. He was happy, i could **** myself cause i didnt know he was that stupid. I asked the shop owner if he had any morals and when he goes to hell would he send me a post card?. He told me to leave and never come back untill im huge anymore. I told him that was impossible i have to stay this big so i dont fall into his daughters gapping puss. his daughter got arrested for prostitution.

what store was this? do they have a website?
It was a local store no website. I really dont wanna give out the name i think that slandering it on the internet is appropriate id rather it remain unknown. But yeah it was a hectic day. The best part was the look on his face after his family was mentioned. priceless,...
that is so far beyond sleazy. what a scumbag. is the store owner known for this kind of amoral business practice?
he probably had to bite down on his tongue to keep from blurting out the scumbag plan churning in his head.
Last edited by sethp at Sep 15, 2007,
kill the people he traded it to....not the kid....they're real douches.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
yeah, i mean hit him where it hurts, his bottom line. tell everyone you know not to go near him. He may have made a little money off this deal, but make sure he won't make any money off you, or any of your friends or family ever again. there's a price to pay for being a lying thieving scumbag.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i mean hit him where it hurts, his bottom line. tell everyone you know not to go near him. He may have made a little money off this deal, but make sure he won't make any money off you, or any of your friends or family ever again. there's a price to pay for being a lying thieving scumbag.
+1

Throw a burning MG loaded with petrol into his shop window in the dead of night. Irony makes the best weapon, I find.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
that's also illegal though. i know you're only joking, but just in case we have some idiots in here (on UG? Never!), you want to make sure you hit him where it hurts, but legally. there's not much point in putting him out of business if you end up in jail...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's also illegal though. i know you're only joking, but just in case we have some idiots in here (on UG? Never!), you want to make sure you hit him where it hurts, but legally. there's not much point in putting him out of business if you end up in jail...
Well yeah, that's true

Well then take an MG and a few cans of silver spray paint, spray it up, take it into his shop when there's somebody else on the counter and sweet-talk them into believing it's a Silver Jubilee. Take £500 for it, and laugh if they fall for it.

Strictly speaking that's not legal either, but then I personally can't think of a loophole in the law to exploit atm... Although I think there might be one for taking advantage of minors in a non-sexual way, but I'd have to check...
Quote by MrCarrot
Well yeah, that's true

Well then take an MG and a few cans of silver spray paint, spray it up, take it into his shop when there's somebody else on the counter and sweet-talk them into believing it's a Silver Jubilee. Take £500 for it, and laugh if they fall for it.

Not a bad idea tbh. A better one would be turning up in Denmark Street with a Tescos bag full of lightbulbs and a Golf Sale board shouting 'Look, it has tubes!'.

Maybe.

Or perhaps you could sue Marshall for tonal, sexual advances.

'It...Touched my ears!'

Etc.
^^

In all seriousness though, if I remember correctly from my GCSE, in the UK a contract becomes voidable if it is to the detriment of a minor in any way.... I believe this extends to fiscal matters, too. But I may be wrong.
Quote by Ippon
If he's a minor, wouldn't he have a case of fraud against the shop owner? Just wondering.

i have no idea. but that would bear looking into.

\/ i have no idea... but that would be the obvious course of action if such a law does exist.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by The_Rooster
My buddy got a slightly used vht deliverance 60 head and traded it for a brand new mg halfstack. I think i should hurt him. Hes just starting out and a local band gave him thier old head to help him get started with somtihn nice and he goes and trades it for a damned mg!!!! I had to vent to someone who feels my pain...

What a fucktard.

Go kick him in the bollocks. Seriously. Make him infertile. I'm sure a world without his retarded offspring would do well.

EDIT: Now I've read the thread. Go burn down the music store too.
Last edited by Untitled001 at Sep 15, 2007,
Quote by Untitled001
What a fucktard.

Go kick him in the bollocks. Seriously. Make him infertile. I'm sure a world without his retarded offspring would do well.

EDIT: Now I've read the thread. Go burn down the music store too.

He isn't really retarded, just naive
Page 1 of 2