Page 1 of 2
UG. I have decided I would like to compose a musical. I'm only 15 but my passion for that sort of thing is so big . Well tbh, I don't know where to start, I've got one song written (No lyrics as of yet.) And I'd like your help. I will be open to all ideas on everything (I will add a stupid character and you can all pick what they say if you want.)

I will post recordings as i go if you want.

so UG, what do you think?
Quote by Dobzilla
I think it'll suck.

hehehehehe

What is the musical about? Lets start with that.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by tanglewoodguit
Again, open for discussion. I just want some starting points. I can do the writing, its just the story i'm concerned about.

How about the lives of teenagers trials and tribulations in a high school
Not Enough AssHatery
wht styles ur music in? i mean u may just end up making a concept album which also gives u permision to rock out more (dream theatre).
Quote by Derek <3's You!
I vote this the best coming out story on UG.

Quote by MSN Convo
Stefan ** says:
Can you help me?

[Tyronelab] David [Mr Mobius] says:
just gimme a minute til i loosen my wrist, too stiff to be limp

Think we think similar. Ah well, ain't seen Constantine around for a while so we need someone to fill the quota.
Quote by MySweetFracture

Dude! lawsuit!
Have a sex scene with jazz for the music.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
this may be way out these but how about something about condemned people on death row. i'm sure they form interesting relationships with each other. make one of them innocent. u can have all these dark undertones and have the one who actually didn't do it. if ur gonna make a rock musical then u could have some sweet licks in it whenever one of them is taken away. of course there would be an escape involved...
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
ive been trying to write a musical for a while now. i never seem to get very far without scrapping the whole thing and starting over. im glad to see someone else shares a similar interest!
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by DrkNTwstd
ive been trying to write a musical for a while now. i never seem to get very far without scrapping the whole thing and starting over. im glad to see someone else shares a similar interest!

Quote by fallingforever
this may be way out these but how about something about condemned people on death row. i'm sure they form interesting relationships with each other. make one of them innocent. u can have all these dark undertones and have the one who actually didn't do it. if ur gonna make a rock musical then u could have some sweet licks in it whenever one of them is taken away. of course there would be an escape involved...

That's actually a very good idea. Could have some really camp guy there and a lover outside the prison. Say that, the innocent guy has a lover and he dies.

Deep
I have a story idea.

Ther's a boy who was not passionate about anything> he tried everything girls, Cigg, Drugs , some sensible ****.... . andone day he watched some gangster nmo vie. he decided to try that . And ultimately he fell in love with death .So he hired some gangsters to kill a guy .Here's a twist the guy who he wanted to get killed was "he, Himself"

PM Me i have various crazy ideas like that

OOps sorry . I edited it
Hi
Last edited by abhishek21 at Sep 14, 2007,
i very much like the idea of the prison musical. it kind of reminds me of a less happy, less gay version of the song "prisoners of love" from the producers.

well i think a good place to start would be: what kind of musicals do you like/inspire you?
Quote by TonyRandall

myspace.

my band

The story of how this idea came to a 15 year old boy. He posted on a GUITAR forum, phailed horribly and became a heroin/methadone addict.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Quote by _Tenacious_
The story of how this idea came to a 15 year old boy. He posted on a GUITAR forum, phailed horribly and became a heroin/methadone addict.

How very helpful

anywho, i myself like lots of musicals too, but is there a specific type of genre you like more than others that you could get inspired from?
Quote by TonyRandall

myspace.

my band

Dunno what type of storyline you're going for, but good luck. It's nice to see UG'ers branching out beyond the typical pop/rock/metal songs.
Quote by _Tenacious_

Well look at that! Musical has the word MUSIC in it! And we are posting in THE PIT! A place to discuss anything not to do with guitars!

Quote by fukyu1980
Are you looking for something upbeat (like Wicked), dark (like The Phantom of the Opera), sentimental (like that one about the Tennessee school and evolution), or what?

There are a lot of ways to approach this.
Why not about a handicapped kid that wants to play guitar, and at the end he really ends up playing guitar like a god and getting everyone to admire him?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Upbeat, Modern, but with a dark side to it. A sinister side, if ya know.
How about a plot in which a group or character normally seen as evil instead plays the role of the protagonist? For example, present My Lai from the viewpoint of the American troops, or Unit 731 from perspective of the Japanese. Try to keep them as good-natured and well-intended as possible - to keep the upbeat nature - but all the while, there's that sickening, revolting realization of what's really happening. AKA, when Edward Norton's performance in American History X almost made white supremacy seem to make sense. Horrific, and definitely attention-grabbing, but done so artfully, without the generic "bad guys are bad and good guys are good" simplicity.
Quote by yawn
How about a plot in which a group or character normally seen as evil instead plays the role of the protagonist? For example, present My Lai from the viewpoint of the American troops, or Unit 731 from perspective of the Japanese. Try to keep them as good-natured and well-intended as possible - to keep the upbeat nature - but all the while, there's that sickening, revolting realization of what's really happening. AKA, when Edward Norton's performance in American History X almost made white supremacy seem to make sense. Horrific, and definitely attention-grabbing, but done so artfully, without the generic "bad guys are bad and good guys are good" simplicity.

Sweet idea. I really like it.
Quote by fukyu1980
Quote by yawn
Dunno what type of storyline you're going for, but good luck. It's nice to see UG'ers branching out beyond the typical pop/rock/metal songs.
+1. You looking to write an original score (I can help you with that) or just a storyline?
hai guize join mah gr00pz plz kthx:

You want to write a musical but you want us to supply the story?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
How about a guy's descent into madness.

Everyone loves a bit of madness.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Ill have you all know stefan (tanglewood) is going to ask out a moderately-hot-looking girl on saturday, and so is not gay. Even if he tried it on with me.

Half of you probably say that music is your life/a big part in your life, yet you take the piss when someone actually wants to do something with that and it r not teh metalz? zzz.
Quote by MySweetFracture

already two about that....

*removed*
Page 1 of 2