As of right now I have a fender deville but im gonna try and sell it on ebay, and im gonna go for a B-52.

The only real problems with B-52's is there circuitry and heating problems. Ive heard that they can get overly hot and an easy solution is a fan to help dissapate the heat. So I wanna get a smaller fan and somehow hook it up to the amp so it gets power when the amp does.

Although I guess it might be easier to just plug them both into a power strip and just lay the fan in the cavity in the back. So im just curious if anyone has tried anything like this and what they did.

also any ideas or anything that would be helpful would be great
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
maybe you could get a battery powered fan
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
hmmm it would depend on the voltages inside the amp. My guess would be get a 6V fan and connect it to the valve heater circuit off the power transformer. That way it'd come on even when the amp is on standby. The heater circuit should run at 6.3V so you should be safe.
Small disclaimer... I don't recommend doing this yourself if you don't know what you're doing.
Quote by Crimson_tornado
hmmm it would depend on the voltages inside the amp. My guess would be get a 6V fan and connect it to the valve heater circuit off the power transformer. That way it'd come on even when the amp is on standby. The heater circuit should run at 6.3V so you should be safe.
Small disclaimer... I don't recommend doing this yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

Ehh....

The heaters are usually AC, if the fan in DC you're screwed. In the unlikely circumstance that the heaters are DC (and maybe they are, I dunno), you're probably going to inject a horrible hum in the tubes by connecting anything to the heater circuit. Another possibility is blowing the PT over time 'cause you stress the heater secondary too much.

The problem w/ powering anything off of the amp itself is that you're probably going to end up with noise, ie a 60 Hz buzz. The external fan on the back would be the cheapest and quietest for a "simple" solution. If you want the built-in fan, take it to an amp tech and see what he/she can do to it, 'cause it is most certainly possible.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
The valve heaters are AC as they're not rectified like the HT circuit, but you can get AC fans - in fact, IMO that's be the more sensible way to do it.
TBH I doubt the extra stress would kill the transformer, it should have enough extra juice available to cope with it. True about the noise though, I didn't think about that due to it not being on the main amp circuit, however it may be an issue. As DLrocket said, best option is to take it into someone.
it might be easier to just get an AC fan. My main thing is my desk and below it is v ery cluttered, with all the wires from my laptop and other peripherals, and my pedal board. Im just lazy and I dont wanna read down and unplug the fan everytime I use it.

I guess I just want a switch or something I can access so it would be easy to turn on and off, or if it just ran on the amps power that would work to. Although with all the crap around where I live theres a lot of electrical devices so buzzing can already be an issue, if it causes more I might not wanna do it.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Screw fan heating. WATER COOL THAT MUTHA!
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Crimson_tornado
The valve heaters are AC as they're not rectified like the HT circuit, but you can get AC fans - in fact, IMO that's be the more sensible way to do it.
TBH I doubt the extra stress would kill the transformer, it should have enough extra juice available to cope with it. True about the noise though, I didn't think about that due to it not being on the main amp circuit, however it may be an issue. As DLrocket said, best option is to take it into someone.

Yeah, I really doubt that the PT would be the limiting factor...it's something to keep in mind though. I've seen people nuke amps replacing a quad of 6L6s (.9 amps/tube for heater) with EL34s (1.5 amps/tube for heater), and then they wonder why their PT has wax running out of it. That's my main reason for bringing it up, is I have personal experience in said area.

AC fans are probably going to be noisier than heck...but maybe not. Check on places like www.newark.com, www.mouser.com, www.digikey.com, for something like a "low noise AC fan" or something like that. I'm sure they're out there, just a matter of finding them...you won't find them at your local radio shack, put it that way.

EDIT: by "low-noise", I mean "low electrical radition noise", "low EMF", etc...not "quiet".
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial