I'll have to try one before I buy one. Seems reasonable since it is a 40w all tube combo.

PSN ID: ArranP
Crikey.
I wont say anything till I can play one.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
It does seem reasonable enough, if you ignore how much cheaper the Americans are getting them, if my memory serves.

I'm totally reserving judgement until I hear them though. It really has the potential to go both ways.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i didn't know they were out yet. I need to try one before I make any proclamation on how good they are. Yes, I'm using epic language today.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The race begins to see who can try one out first and start ranting how **** / amazing they are... I'm waiting.
order from thomann then return it lol
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
order from thomann then return it lol

You have to pay for postage for that
Break a tube and say it's faulty
Thats the way to do it laddy

But i wan't a bloody review!!

EDIT: Still, £500 is a major rip off compared to the US prices and i'd rather just buy an AC30 or something more flexible for that
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 14, 2007,
With the appalling high gain tone that gives off i'd rather buy a used ENGL Screamer for the same price.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
The price seems fairly reasonable for a 40 watt tube amp (Only really from a versatility side though - If it was just a normal tube combo, i think id just get a HRD).

That is, if its any good. Il have to wait until they come to my local guitar shops
yeah i mean it only has 2 preamp valves... i suspect there's some diode/modelling involved in the preamp gain... one of those would need to be used for the phase inverter...

as i said, though, i'll withhold judgement till i try it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm pleased to see that nobody is bashing it until they try it, my respect for the UG forum continues to grow. I was sure somebody in here was gonna be like "well if line 6 makes it it must suck"

I really want to try one!
Quote by Forcemaster
With the appalling high gain tone that gives off i'd rather buy a used ENGL Screamer for the same price.

you've played a spider valve? or are you just bashing it because its line 6?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by philipisabeast
You have to pay for postage for that
Break a tube and say it's faulty
Thats the way to do it laddy

But i wan't a bloody review!!

EDIT: Still, £500 is a major rip off compared to the US prices and i'd rather just buy an AC30 or something more flexible for that

oh no ya dont.

THOMANN send a courrier round to ure house and pick it up that way. ahh the magic of THOMANN.
I know a place by me that might have one. I'm probably going there tomorrow. If i get to try one i'll post my opinion.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'm really curious about this amp. I reckon that the local line 6 fanboystore will have them in stock in about a month or so. I'm deffinatly going to try it.
^I'm going about checking out guitars tomorrow.... if I see a Line 6 Spider Valve, I'll check them out. Although, experience I've had with Line 6 is very poor. >_>