Sorry if this has been done before, but my search bar isn't working as usual. I'm currently in 2 different bands, one plays metal like Trivium, Metallica and A7X while the other plays more classic rock like GNR and the sorts. I'm getting tired of the sound i'm getting out of my Cube, and i feel like i want to get myself a tube amp sometime in the future. I was wondering, what would be a good tube amp to play those kinds of music?

I use my Ibanez for metal, whereas I have an Epi LP with Alnico II Pro pickups coming soon for classic rock. Is there an amp that can get me that crunchy metal tone and also the smooth tone Slash has? My budget would be around $700-800 max. Thanks for the help, cheers.

PS: Please dont recommend me B-52 or Orange amps because i cant get them where i live.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
look for a used jcm800 and just get a few overdrive pedals for metal then that should be you sorted!
Well, i know the JCM800 would give me the Slash tone. If i get a TS-9 as an OD pedal, would that be good enough to give me enough high gain and crunch for metal?

EDIT: And if i cant find a used JCM800, how would the DSL401 fare? Although i would need to expand my budget a little more to get that.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Sep 14, 2007,
^yes. definitely. good amp choice.

EDIT: DSL401s are okay. i have one. i want a speaker swap tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Would there be a better option besides a DSL401 if i cant get the JCM800?

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
peavey windsor ( forgot about that ) voiced like a jcm800 but with more gain would be able to do slash tones and plenty of gain for metal. Only thing is is it's 120watt all tube and it's single channel so if you don't need cleans go for the windsor best amp for the price and it's in your price range. Though if you get the head ( don't think combo is out ) you would need to buy a cab but i wouldn't get the peavey cab get a more flexable one
I dont need a 120 watter, but thanks for the suggestion. Its more for small gig use. I care more about the tone and can always mic it up if i need more volume. I think even a 30 watt tube would be good enough for me. And i would prefer a combo, easier to carry around.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Sep 14, 2007,
In all honesty you might find you struggle a bit for metal tones with the Alnico IIs , too soft an attack and spongy low end does not make for tight metal riffage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No man, i'm using my RG when playing metal, while i'll use my Epi LP with the Alnico IIs for classic rock. I'll just switch guitars when i need to. All i need is an amp that would compliment both guitars for the respective genres.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
One of the guys from Shadows Fall used a JCM 800 before using Kranks.

But SF plays in large gigs so...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the JCM 800 would get you Slash tone no problem.
then add an overdrive, and itll do the metallica tones. this is what Metallica did.

so yeah, Marshall JCM 800+Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
ok, thanks dude. Btw, i just found out that Ceriatone's outlet is like 5 minutes away from my place. I heard they make great Marshall clones at like half the price. This is an e-mail i got from Nik, the main guy.

"We can make combo cabinet for USD 250, no speakers (2x12)

We have Celestion Vintage 30 for USD 100 each.

So total cost for combo cabinet with speakers is USD 250 + 200 = USD 450.

With the amp (USD 655), total becomes about USD 1100 plus shipment.

Thanks!
Nik"

This is the link to their site,
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/marshallJCM800_2204/marshallJCM800_2204.htm

Is that a good option for the long run? Or would i be better off with just a used JCM800 combo if i can find one that ships to Malaysia on ebay?

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Its a head and a 2x12 cab. On the other hand, i think i'll just go all out for the used JCM800 and Tubescreamer idea, sounds like the best deal. Thanks for the help guys.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
^get the ceriatone.

would u need shipment if u live close to the ceriatone outlet?
just walk over there.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
haha, i could just put it in my car and drive home. Would take me less than 5 minutes.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30