OK, i'll try to explain myself in spite of my bad english. A friend of mine (music teacher, guitar player, guitar tech...a great guy really) has a JEM 555 in a box in a box since i met him, 4 years. it was from some guy that owe him money and never came to get the guitar. the thing is, the neck is completely wasted, i don't know how to say it, but it's "spinned", you know what i mean? so, a friend of him will make a new neck (a copy of the old one) for 150 euros. Then he will change knobs, customise the neck, according to my tastes, and then it will "give" it to me (i play in his son's band). So, more or less, i would have to pay, maybe 400/500 euros. (here the guitar is around 1100 euros at the stores). So great deal right?

My question is: i heard some really bad things about the edge pro II, how much this is true? It does go out of tune easily?

By the way, the pickups are hot right? dimarzio EVO?

Thkx
The Jem555 is the cheaper version made in korea i think, and the edgre pro II is not good news

I dont like signiture guitars anyway......why not try a Ibanez RG series ?
The JEM555 is not 1100 euros, you're thinking of the JEM7V (I assume). The 555 is a cheaper, lower quality version made in Korea or somewhere. I haven't played one myself, but I doubt it's of the same quality as the 7.
Dont the 555's have the TRS II? the thing even worse than teh EDGE III? The pickups are Evolutions yes, the only good thing on the guitar tbh

you can retro fit a floyd rose I belive with any routing.

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Sep 14, 2007,
For that price, if he throws in a trem swap then it's a pretty good deal.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Yeah, i guess i'm going to talk to him about the trem, see what he says... but eventually i could lock the trem and don't use it, since i don't use it that much right now with my ibanez S 520 EX...

Thanks for the help guys
According to jemsite.com:

JEM555 - JEM Jr
  • Ibanez Dealer List Price

• $1,199.99 list price for JEM555
  • $169.99 - list price for JEM/UV case
  • Good street pricing from dealer:

• $850 - great street price w/case
  • $745 - great street price w/o case
  • Used pricing:

• don't buy one there is no reasonable price to pay for this guitar.
  • If you must, offer $300 or buy a RG550 or better.

EDIT: format fixed
Last edited by gibsonpenguin at Sep 14, 2007,
The newer ones have EPIIs. Those swap with... um... Edge Pros. For a price of another 555.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by gibsonpenguin
According to jemsite.com:

JEM555 - JEM Jr
  • Ibanez Dealer List Price

• $1,199.99 list price for JEM555
  • $169.99 - list price for JEM/UV case
  • Good street pricing from dealer:

• $850 - great street price w/case
  • $745 - great street price w/o case
  • Used pricing:

• don't buy one there is no reasonable price to pay for this guitar.
  • If you must, offer $300 or buy a RG550 or better.

EDIT: format fixed

I really doubt that i could get a jem555 for 850 here in portugal...w/0 case...
just drop about another 100 euros and get a freakin OFR (i know they are like 190 in US, and 2:1, but inflation maybe)
anyways, its a nice looking guitar though, and isnt that quite a bit for that neck? or am i just crazy?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by gibsonpenguin
The JEM555 is not 1100 euros, you're thinking of the JEM7V (I assume). The 555 is a cheaper, lower quality version made in Korea or somewhere. I haven't played one myself, but I doubt it's of the same quality as the 7.

welcome to european pricing...

i guess it's worth it if you can turn it around and make a profit, and your music teacher isn't averse to you doing this (don't want him to hate you, you might want him for, er, lessons etc., plus it's not nice taking advantage of people's kindness to make a fast buck).

But I woudln't want a jem 555 unless i got a smoking deal so i could sell it on to fund something nicer, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ agreed, a 1570 with pickup swap will be closer to a "real" (i.e. MIJ) Jem than the jem 555.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?