I want to learn yngwie malmsteen's far beyond the sun as Ive never learnt any shred songs but stuck mainly to mainstream rock. I can play pretty well, sweet child o mine and most stuff but shredding has always alluded me. So basically, do you reacon ill be able to learn it and any tips? cheers.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Start out with the intro and the easier parts, you will probably be able to play them just fine. For the more difficult parts: divide them into manageable chunks, and practice at slow speed.
Anyone can learn anything. It just takes a LOT of time and depends on how good you are at teh moment.

Not everyone can master the swedish beef in one go. I know I'd get bored of it if I had to practice it for months, even years and still not get it.

I'll stick to Ozzy solos.
Can you sweep pick? If not, learn to sweep FIRST - get your technique sorted and then look to apply it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by kyrreca
Start out with the intro and the easier parts, you will probably be able to play them just fine. For the more difficult parts: divide them into manageable chunks, and practice at slow speed.

Yep
Small chunks, repeated practice and when you have the movements and picking perfected, the speed will come
since Yngwie is a tool i say that anybody can do that. i mean all you've got to do is practice it in little chunks with a metronome and there you go. anybody can play that.
Quote by jAzZMataZz
since Yngwie is a tool i say that anybody can do that. i mean all you've got to do is practice it in little chunks with a metronome and there you go. anybody can play that.

That goes for everything.

Everything.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
That goes for everything.

Everything.

agreed. what a retarded comment.

anyone could play football for brazil (assuming they're brazilian, lol) if they practiced enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
agreed. what a retarded comment.

anyone could play football for brazil (assuming they're brazilian, lol) if they practiced enough.

not a brazillian with muscular dystrophy

on topic, basically what everyone else has said. I'm in a similar boat, and I've nearly finished my 1st shred song (always with me, always with you, which isn't nearly as hard)
TS- u should probably start with an easier malmsteen song, the solo in far beyond is like 4 minutes...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ok you guys totally didn't understand what i meant and calling me retarded is retarded of you but anyways what i meant was that i don't feel anything hearing his music cause it doesn't have any soul. you know listen to pat metheny, Bireli Lagrene and jaco pastorius and then listen to Yngwie. these guys(pat metheny, jaco and bireli for EXAMPLE) can play thousands of notes in a second if they want to but every note is gonna mean something and not everybody can do that even if he was practicing all his life not everybody can do what these guys did and do and Yngwie can play thousands of notes in a second too but it's just annoying and i'm really sorry for the harmonic minor scale. hope you get what i'm trying to say i'm 14 and from germany so please excuse my weird english(if it is weird to you)
Quote by jAzZMataZz
ok you guys totally didn't understand what i meant and calling me retarded is retarded of you but anyways what i meant was that i don't feel anything hearing his music cause it doesn't have any soul. you know listen to pat metheny, Bireli Lagrene and jaco pastorius and then listen to Yngwie. these guys(pat metheny, jaco and bireli for EXAMPLE) can play thousands of notes in a second if they want to but every note is gonna mean something and not everybody can do that even if he was practicing all his life not everybody can do what these guys did and do and Yngwie can play thousands of notes in a second too but it's just annoying and i'm really sorry for the harmonic minor scale. hope you get what i'm trying to say i'm 14 and from germany so please excuse my weird english(if it is weird to you)

we didnt ask if you liked malmsteen or not...his sense of melodies is amazing to me, and i like the classical aspect of his music, we didnt need ur dumb ass to come in here and bitch. act your age (i know cooler 9 year olds)
yngwie has always been as good as he is too, hes been shredding since he was a teen
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
we didnt ask if you liked malmsteen or not...his sense of melodies is amazing to me, and i like the classical aspect of his music, we didnt need ur dumb ass to come in here and bitch. act your age (i know cooler 9 year olds)
yngwie has always been as good as he is too, hes been shredding since he was a teen

so you can say if you like malmsteen and i can't? well yeah that sounds quite logical
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
not a brazillian with muscular dystrophy

you know what i mean...

Quote by jAzZMataZz

that's preference, though. i'm sure plenty of people think yng has more soul than metheny. it's certainly not just notes, with yng, at least IMO. and his vibrato is badass, which, again IMO, is an indicator of soul.

your english is great, by the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jAzZMataZz
so you can say if you like malmsteen and i can't? well yeah that sounds quite logical

i never said you couldnt like him, now did i?
You're retarded. And you obviously dont like him, since you came in here and bashed him for no reason.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Dave_Mc
you know what i mean...

that's preference, though. i'm sure plenty of people think yng has more soul than metheny. it's certainly not just notes, with yng, at least IMO. and his vibrato is badass, which, again IMO, is an indicator of soul.

your english is great, by the way.

thx
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kool98769
i never said you couldnt like him, now did i?
You're retarded. And you obviously dont like him, since you came in here and bashed him for no reason.

you said no one asked for my opinion, did anybody ask for yours?
Quote by jAzZMataZz
you said no one asked for my opinion, did anybody ask for yours?

no, i was trying to prove a point. But aimlessly arguing will get us both a ban, touche
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer