good evening from me..i would ask if anybody could help me
i'm playing electric guitar for a year and i'm playing quite a lot. my guitar is an Epiphone SG G-400. and i have a Marshall 15CDR. i heard that G-400 can make much better sound than in my current amp. so i started to think to buy a better amp. but i'm not an expert so if anybody can help me whicn one would be the best.I play mostly rock from about 1970 to 1990(AC/DC, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Pantera).oh and please not very good stuff because i don't have the money and also i'm not a pro thanks for any help!
THANKS!i will look for those vox amps..i'm playing pantera songs just occasionally..not very often.the most songs that i play are from AC/DC or something like that

my budget is about $450 - $500
def the Vox Ad series. do you need to be loud enough for a gig or anything?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
I think a Vox Valvetronix XL will suit you nicely man, It's great for rock and metal and with your budget you can get one loud enough for jamming and small gigs.

Check out this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT2-XL-50W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483006
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
wow! this one look preety good :O! I don't need for gigs or anything.I mean if I will buy something it must be a difference between the new one and my current marshall but I don't need a 100 watts of power just for playing at my home or maybe in a garage or something with my band.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
I think a Vox Valvetronix XL will suit you nicely man, It's great for rock and metal and with your budget you can get one loud enough for jamming and small gigs.

Check out this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT2-XL-50W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483006

If you are going to spend that much on an amp you have much better options. *Cough* Used Orange Tiny Terror *Cough* That amp would pwn it for AC/DC tones.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by jerc
playing at my home or maybe in a garage or something with my band.

Then go for something with 50watts or more... I'm saving some cash for the one I linked, I tried it at the store and it sounds really great you can go from classic Ac/Dc style overdrive to Metallica bassy distortion in the twist of a knob! The "normal" AD's are good but they're to vintage oriented for my tastes, the XL can do the vintage stuff and the High-Gain stuff too.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Last edited by Omni-Ragnarok at Sep 14, 2007,
really thanks guysi didn't knew it would go so fast here on UG
do those AD's have just difference in power or do they have different features?
for my tastes i would go for maximum of 50 wattsbut i'm not sure yet
Valve / tube amps ALWAYS have a power difference than SS's.

30-50W valve / tube works great for gigs. You'll need 50-100W solid states.

Tubes just downright sound better.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.