Hey guys, I have recently had my heart set on buying either an Agile-3100, or an Epiphone G-400. But those two seem to pop up EVERYWHERE when someone asks for guitar suggestions. But there always seems to be one or two people who say "psh, for the price of one of those, you can get a better guitar". Which has got me thinking of these "better" guitars. Are there any non les paul/SG clones out there that would be a good choice?

I play mostly classic rock, alt, and some metal. The metal isn't a big priority just because I can live without it, or just use a pedal to get the job done. My budget is about 500 dollar ceiling. I will be buying an amp as well, but thats for a different thread.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Not sure about the prices, as they're harder to come by in the uk, but try looking at Schecters. They're truly the gutiars of gods. (Although you say metal is not your main genre...).

take a look though, it can't hurt.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I love the sound and feel of the Yamaha RGX-A2, though i'm not sure about the price.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
yamaha guitars are pretty sweet and highly underated... im also a fan of the fender tele, i mean its just such a simple design that its almost impossible to **** up...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Not sure about the prices, as they're harder to come by in the uk, but try looking at Schecters. They're truly the gutiars of gods. (Although you say metal is not your main genre...).

take a look though, it can't hurt.

Does Schecter make any guitars that aren't just metal guitars?
I don't think they're exclusively 'metal guitars' really. Try some out through non-metal amps, see what you think.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X