Page 1 of 2
Anybody know much about their new album coming out next month, Sworn to a Great Divide? Have any tracks become available to the public? I love this band. I've got all but one of their albums, Chainheart Machine. I can't wait for the new album, I hope they come to the US.
thier only good ones in my opinion were their first two, one of which you don't have. Their riffs got gayer and i can't stand the singing.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
^ jerk

I ahven;t heard anything new about the new album, but I hope its a step up from Stabbing the Drama, I liked figure #5 but Stabbing got a bit too soft for me!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I like Natural Born Chaos a lot.

Maybe thats biased though...
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
nah dude im totally with you..natural born chaos is amazing...."the bringer" is an amazing song...i have 4 of their album, stabbing the drama/a predators portait/natural born chaos and figure number five...and only one i dont dig too much is figure number five but the others rock.
I also got a new track of their latest album called " exile"..
favorite album at the moment is figure number five, and i think its the best one so far

looking forward to the new one though
A Predator's Portrait and Natural Born Chaos own. Chainheart Machine is okay. FNF sucked, StB was meh except for a few songs.

EDIT: http://rapidshare.com/files/55403962/04-Exile.mp3.html

New song from the new album. Kind reminds me of the StB stuff, but a little less nu-metal.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Sep 16, 2007,
the singing on figure number 5 is awesome at the start...some other good songs aswell, like follow the hollow, as we speak, etc
Quote by Scourge441
A Predator's Portrait and Natural Born Chaos own. Chainheart Machine is okay. FNF sucked, StB was meh except for a few songs.

EDIT: http://rapidshare.com/files/55403962/04-Exile.mp3.html

New song from the new album. Kind reminds me of the StB stuff, but a little less nu-metal.

Thanks for the link. I gotta admit I'm not very impressed by this song, even after a few listens. I hope it's not a reflection of the rest of the album.
I just downloaded both Exile and Pittsburgh Syndrome on iTunes. (It was only $2, and I was lazy...lol)

Not too terribly impressed by it. Pittsburgh Syndrome sounds like they're trying too hard to "get back to their old sound" or whatever the hell Stabbing the Drama was supposed to be. Exile is big fat MEH with a capital M. Actually, the M isn't capitalized...that's just how "meh" it is.

Their new guitarist is terrible compared to Peter Wichers, by the way. You can tell just from the intro riff to Exile. I mean, I dunno about you guys, but I doubt Soilwork will have any riffs on the new album that sound gigantic like The Flameout, with this new guy.

Whatever, I'll probably buy it anyway, being the Soilwork fanboy that I am...
they never did much for me, lacked some melodic riffage that i usually look for lol, weird to say as to how they turned out but meh, their riffs were just meh to me, regardless of an interesting structure... Flying from Ukraine is good melodeath that is ratehr similar to them though..
Quote by Smidgelton
Anybody know much about their new album coming out next month, Sworn to a Great Divide? Have any tracks become available to the public? I love this band. I've got all but one of their albums, Chainheart Machine. I can't wait for the new album, I hope they come to the US.

The video for Exile is out, it sucked ass. They've been going downhill, Stabbing the Drama wasn't really that good, and this album sounds like it's going to be downright crap.
I'm a communist. Really.
Exile kinda blew. But Pittsburgh Syndrome kicks major ass.

I hope the rest of the album is more like the latter.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
After hearing Exile, I was just going to give this album a wide berth. But I'm glad I listened to The Pittsburgh Syndrome as it's not too bad.
The Pittsburgh Syndrom really doesn't sound impressive to me, either... Like every metalcore band trying to act like they're playing technical death metal - and their guitars sound just far too much like Lamb of God to me >_>
I'm a communist. Really.
I think it just boils down to the new guitarist sucking. lol

I mean, he just blows. Where the hell is Wichers now?

Anyways, I've been trying to listen to Exile. I've listened to it thrice all the way through...I've been TRYING to give it a chance. But the more I listen to it, the more I hate it! I'll tell you what it sounds like, it sounds like COLDSEED. It's that watered-down Soilwork that I'm hearing whenever I listen to it....The Pittsburgh Syndrome is growing on me, though...
I've only heard individual songs so I dunno which is from what album, but what I know was from STD (lol) was a little. . . No.

Others were okay but I don't listen to soilwork for clean vocals. Nobody ever should. Chainheart Machine ftw. NBC is my favorite track by far though.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
Where the hell is Wichers now?

According to Wikipedia, he moved to Nashville and runs a recording studio. There's also speculation that he's involved with songwriting on Warrel Dane' upcoming solo album.
Originally posted by schecter30

thier only good ones in my opinion were their first two, one of which you don't have. Their riffs got gayer and i can't stand the singing.

I totally agree with u, the title track from chainheart machine is so awesome ..
Last edited by Metal_defender at Oct 15, 2007,
I don;t mind the new album so far. For some reason I don't like the cleans on this album as much as I did on NBC. They don't seem as 'Textured', if thats the right term.
LAMMERGEIER
i heard it once on their myspace...not impressed at all...i liked the solo on one song(cant remember name of it), but only hbecause it reminded me of a solo on one of their previous albums, dunno if they lost their touch on this one, maybe il listen to it again later.
Last edited by x Misanthropy x at Oct 16, 2007,
Listening to the new album on their Myspace....

I just can't get over how much Exile sucks...lol The first song sounds a lot more like the Soilwork I was expecting, but for some reason all of the choruses seem...watered-down. That's the best word I can use to describe it.

At least the album art is cool.
This album is kinda like Come Clarity, in the sense that the band is trying to go back to their old sound, but can't quite pull it off.

I like this more than I liked Come Clarity, though.
Quote by Scourge441
This album is kinda like Come Clarity, in the sense that the band is trying to go back to their old sound, but can't quite pull it off.

I like this more than I liked Come Clarity, though.

+1
Peter! We need you!
Quote by TheNthDimension
+1
Peter! We need you!

Soilwork should serious just recruit the two other guys from Disarmonia Mundi, and then mix Disarmonia Mundi songs into Soilwork's live setlist. It's not like DM are gonna be playing live anytime soon.
^Too lazy.

I hope they come out with a new album this year. Soilwork headed in the right direction with Sworn to a Great Divide. Lets hope they continue that way.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
I thought it was crap save Pittsburgh Syndrome and the title track tbh. I fecking love it when they just let rip and do the fastest thing they can, like Blind Eye Halo and Pittsburgh, wish they'd do it more often.
Oh, well I know its no Predator's Portrait or Natural Born Chaos. But it was definitely better than Stabbing the Drama. And yes, The Pittsburgh Syndrome is an awesome song. Speed does some great vocals on it.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
I don't know why I have a soft spot for Stabbing the Drama, like I know there are just pretty boring, overtly melodic songs on there but I mean the title track kicks so much ass, no matter how poppy. Blind Eye Halo is also just amazing.

Its so funny EVERYBODY (including me) loves The Pittsburgh Syndrome off that album, lets talk about that crappy exile song, someone should let them know that was a bad idea, making a radio single and selling it as a metal song.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Page 1 of 2