Alright,
I need to order a new amp today, I will spend up too $1000 but it has to be through music123.com because I have credit. I have played alot of amps but will not be able to go to a store and play them again. I am looking for an all tube amp and must be gig worthy. Either a combo or half stack It doesnt matter as long as it sounds good.

I play alot of punk in the style of pennywise, ignite, older afi, good riddance, the lawrence arms, hot water music, ect.

Thanks in advance.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I say the Classic 50 out of the ones recommended since it's only for punk...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i dunno, don't afi and pennywise use modern high gainers (rectos? randalls?). he did say "older" afi, though. And punk isn't exactly my strong suit...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno, don't afi and pennywise use modern high gainers (rectos? randalls?). he did say "older" afi, though. And punk isn't exactly my strong suit...

Hmm I dunno, possibly, though I seriously doubt either will need as much gain as a 6505 or XXX. I think the Classic should be good and if he needs a little more distortion, maybe add an OD.

I think the other 2 Peaveys are a little over-kill in the gain range. However, the XXX might be alright since it has a decent clean channel, which the 6505 really doesn't have and some of those bands use cleans every once and a while.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Dave_Mc

Ya they do. But Fletcher from pennywise use's alot of different amps.

And to the other guy, it's not only from playing punk. I play all styles, I actually play blues way more than punk, yet Im in a punk band.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Hmm I dunno, possibly, though I seriously doubt either will need as much gain as a 6505 or XXX. I think the Classic should be good and if he needs a little more distortion, maybe add an OD.

I think the other 2 Peaveys are a little over-kill in the gain range. However, the XXX might be alright since it has a decent clean channel, which the 6505 really doesn't have and some of those bands use cleans every once and a while.

yep, i know what you're saying. though IMO, a 5150 does crunch pretty well. it's the cleans and blues it's not so good at. while the xxx has a nice clean channel, but then jumps to modern levels of gain.

Of course, he says he plays a lot of blues, so a classic is probably the way to go. maybe a crate v-series/palomino, though i haven't tried those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?