Ernie Balls. I like the hybrid slinkies but any slinkies shall do. And A7X uses them, if that means something to you, general.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Sep 14, 2007,
DR is all i put on my bass.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by Copius
I'm gonna go get new strings and general repairs done on my bass tomorrow, what kind of strings would you guys reccomend? I was thinking mabye the Steve Harris signiture, but if the store doesn't have those, then what would you guys reccomend?

Does steve harris not use flatwound strings? I could have swore I read that somewhere.

And yeah, get DR strings.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by Metalcredge
Does steve harris not use flatwound strings? I could have swore I read that somewhere.

And yeah, get DR strings.

he uses really heavy flatwounds I definately wouldn't advise them for a first set of strings. They'll be a bitch to get on with, a very acquired taste.

Any decent roundwounds will do you good, I prefer rotosound myself.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Ernie Ball has never let me down. I tend to use GHS a lot too, but they do lose their sound a bit quick.

Never used rotosound, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
DR highbeams are the best sounding strings there are.... but theyre expensive as hell...

if you cant afford them one or two sets of Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys....
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
I whole-heartedly recommend pink strings.

Metal, that is ridiculous; yet so badass at the same time
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I wish they made coated strings in the colour Sunburst.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Your41Plague12
Metal, that is ridiculous; yet so badass at the same time

It pretty much is. I like these strings a lot. They're very expensive, but seem great.

Quote by FullMetalBass
what kind of bass is that? It seems to be the shiz.

It's the LeCompte ST SS-5 listed in my signature as for sale. An amazing instrument, made beautifully, and if it doesn't sell I won't necessarily be heartbroken.

The pink looks great in action, too.

haha