Right. Ive got a pod xt live and right now its going like this:

Guitar--->Pod--->Amp.

I know theres also another way where i can connect the pod into the amp's effects loop:

Guitar--->Amp then...
Pod input---> effects send... Pod output--->effects return

or did i get that the wrong way round? hmmm nvm.

I've heard that there is another way, another more proffesional way that the manual does not tell you about, Its supposed to improve the sound considerabley.

Does anyone know what this mysterious way is?

thanks
I think it was plugging the guitar into the pod, and plugging the pod line out into the effect return on your amp, so you aren't putting it though 2 pre-amps - instead you are using the pod as the pre-amp, and the amplifier as just a power amp, so its a bit like a complete amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
thanks I'll give that a try
not that that wasn't helpful but...
any other suggestions on what this other setup ive heard about is?
Yeah this mystical way is to just go Guitar --> POD --> Effects return. Just as Blompcube said in his post.

The main thing this does is stops the preamp adding eq and its own character to the pods modeling. I have to say it works quite nicely on some amps. Especially Atomic Amps.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
Yeah this mystical way is to just go Guitar --> POD --> Effects return. Just as Blompcube said in his post.

The main thing this does is stops the preamp adding eq and its own character to the pods modeling. I have to say it works quite nicely on some amps. Especially Atomic Amps.

Atomic amps do not have a preamp section or EQ at all...it's all power amp.