are the '57 gibson humbuckers any good ? and is the gibson es 335 satin any good ?
and how does it compare to an es 137 ?
and what are some good gibson LP's for under 1700 dollars ?

thanks alot !
wahhhhhhh!

'57's aren't bad. being gibson humbuckers, they're liable to be expensive for what they are, especially in europe. i'm guessing you're in the US, though, and if they come stock on a guitar, they're quite nice, for more vintage orientated tones. I just wouldn't really buy them as a retrofit.

haven't tried those two hollows/semi-hollows.

must it be gibson? you're in the US, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ word.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
wahhhhhhh!

'57's aren't bad. being gibson humbuckers, they're liable to be expensive for what they are, especially in europe. i'm guessing you're in the US, though, and if they come stock on a guitar, they're quite nice, for more vintage orientated tones. I just wouldn't really buy them as a retrofit.

haven't tried those two hollows/semi-hollows.

must it be gibson? you're in the US, right?

i'm in europe.
i prefer gibson because i know they make good guitars even if they're overpriced, and i'm gonna be honest about this one, i prefer the looks of gibsons over all other guitars.

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
what genre? what amp? what position for your the 57's?

i'd be playing a ****load of genres on it.
i have a fender hot rod deluxe.
they are in the neck and bridge of an gibson es 335 satin i'm considering to buy.
ok. yeah, they're fine, even quite nice, for stock pickups.

have you considered tokai/edwards etc.?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
basically, they make japanese copies of gibsons (among other things).

edwards are owned by ESP/are a subsidiary brand. You'd have to order from Japan, though, most likely, unless you can find one second hand.

tokai (at least in the UK) are sold in some stores as new guitars, so they may be easier to find. Depends where you are, basically. But i tried a tokai relic LP the other day, it was £1000, and it was far nicer than a Gibson LP classic antique (which was about £200 more expensive) which I tried about half an hour earlier (different shops). You can get non-relic, and not just as nice, tokai LP's starting at around £500-£600. Just make sure it's a Japanese one, though, they make cheaper korean ones which are of similar (probably slightly nicer, but not much in it) quality to epiphones.

Edwards are around about £500 (including postage and customs) for the lacquer taste series. They also have relics which are more expensive, and supposedly really nice. I haven't tried them though, they're a couple of hundred (pounds sterling) more expensive. I don't like relics though.

there are also other guys like greco, burny, etc. I haven't tried them, but hear good things. again you may have to go second hand for those.

There's also gordon smith, an english brand, but they're probably quite hard to find unless you're in the UK, and also they aren't really true copies, there's a little different.

I guess what I'm just trying to say is that if you want a LP, you aren't limited to gibson. Sure, if you try them all and prefer the gibson, go for it. But don't just assume that because it has gibson on it that it's automatically the most "authentic" les paul... i mean several construction techniques gibson use on their non-custom shop instruments aren't exactly vintage-correct...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no problem, glad i could help. It never hurts to have as many options as possible...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?