basically, ive come to a crossroads. i can turn one way and sell my vox valvetronix amp and get a peavey classic 30 OR i could turn the other way and wait till after football season,get a job,and then save up like crazy for my dream amp. (probably an orange rocker 30 or a marshall dsl, but id probably try an amp first.)

as far as tones i wanting, really just all your classic rock tones ala acdc/zeppelin/thin lizzy/aerosmith/hendrix/SRV/etc.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Id say that for ur sounds u want, a Peavey Classic would be good. But if u have no need for a loud amp right now, then save up.
Ya, wait until you have the means to get the amp you want. Don't just go grab a new one just because you want a new one. If you can save you money, why not wait a few months and get what you really want?
Quote by cmonaco
Ya, wait until you have the means to get the amp you want. Don't just go grab a new one just because you want a new one. If you can save you money, why not wait a few months and get what you really want?

yeah, ill probably wait. itll probably be like a year though.
i did really like the classic 30 though, (yes i did play it.)
now heres another question. if i were to save up and be in a higher price range, should i look more into the dsl401 or the rocker combo. also note that even though ive played a while, when i do play live i just use a tonelab through a pa, so itll mainly be a bedroom amp.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

rocker definitely.

and id get a used classic 30. you can find them pretty cheap on ebay. then once you have saved up enough, get the rocker. then you could sell the classic or keep it and use both amps lol. what do you have right now?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
a vox valvetronix 50 watt. im downright sick of it.
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

if your sick of the amp then you definitely should do both. get the peavey and also save up for the rocker. no point playing if you hate what you're hearing, it just depletes all motivation
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
The classic 30's better than the dsl IMO.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Storm_Bringer_
if your sick of the amp then you definitely should do both. get the peavey and also save up for the rocker. no point playing if you hate what you're hearing, it just depletes all motivation

yeah, but i dont know if my parents wouldnt be like "well, you just got a new amp"
plus, i also picked up a vintage fender princeton a few months ago (which is nice, but im more of a hard rock guy)
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99