So...im kinda stuck here on a certain part in malmsteens black star.
This is my first shred song that im learning. I havent really applied alternate picking, until this song, but its improving
So, i need some tips/advise.
Im stuck on this part
7h8p7--5-----------------------------
---------8-7-5-------------------------
-----------------7-5-4-----------------
-----------------------7-5-4-----------
-----------------------------7-6~~----
-----------------------------------------
When i try to pick it sounds like crap because my picking isnt in time with my fingers, and when i play it legato, the notes are evenly spaced between string switches, and not to mention, it sounds bad on my peice of crap amp.
So, maybe some words of wisdom with picking (i know im supposed to use economy for this part) and maybe some tips on how to get more synchronozation with my picking hands or something.
Hurry imo.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Sep 14, 2007,
i guess my advice would be to play it slow enough so that you can synch your hands, even if thats 20 bpm, and only slowly increase the speed once youve got it perfect - same advise everyone always gives :p
That particular part is very fast, especially at the end, where it speeds up. Just practice it very slowly, so slow that you can play it evenly and make all the notes ring out. Use a metronome. Do it for a very long time. Increase the metronome speed little by little, but not so much that you can't play it correctly. One day, you'll be able to play it like Yngwie, but then you'll also be 46 years old with no friends or social life.
Quote by kyrreca
That particular part is very fast, especially at the end, where it speeds up. Just practice it very slowly, so slow that you can play it evenly and make all the notes ring out. Use a metronome. Do it for a very long time. Increase the metronome speed little by little, but not so much that you can't play it correctly. One day, you'll be able to play it like Yngwie, but then you'll also be 46 years old with no friends or social life.

lol, i can play it at like 1.5-2 nps, but it still feels slow
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer