Page 1 of 2
But they're just so goddamned ugly. It's shape (not sound) is like a Stratocaster's retarded little brother. That's why I'm getting a Strat.

(No offense to Telephiliacs.)
i would get the 72 re issue, but i couldnt stand getting 2 21 fret guitars...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Ditching a guitar over looks is the worst thing you can do. Go look at Teles in your local shop. I thought they were ugly as sin too at first. But then I saw them in my local shop and they aren't half bad.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
I know, I know. I actually meant to type that I was also considering a Telecaster, but I forgot.

It's the pickguard, I think. I don't like how it just cuts off. Oh, and the knobs on that straight piece of metal doesn't look good to me either.

>_<
Everyone has their opinions. Me for example. I hate the look of strats, the whole double hord thing is hideous to me, but I love telecasters.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
personally, i dissagree completly. i like the shape of the telecaster, its strange, but without having a million little pointy parts. however, i hate the playing on it, which is why i would never get one

dont get me wrong, im not about the shape at all. all im saying is that the telecaster has its own look, without having too many spikes

in my oppinion, the only reason that dean and BC Rich guitars are so popular is because the people who play only want them for the pointy parts to stab people (such as their singer, or that guy from fall out boy)
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Yeah.

I think that Fat Strats are weird just because the humbucker isn't tilted like on a normal Strat, so evidently I'm pretty picky.

EDIT: I like the Strat's shape partly because it's not as pointy as a lot of guitars.

I think that the Razorback is probably considered an illegal weapon somewhere in the world.
Last edited by Guitarinetist at Sep 14, 2007,
i think teles just aren't very photogenic guitars. but honestly, if you like the sound that much, you shouldn't care about how it looks. It could be worse, it could be a Danelectro Longhorn

Also the custom/deluxe and some thinline teles have different pickguards, without the control plate. But the custom is SH pickup config, the deluxe is HH, and the thinline is semi-hollow.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I used to think they were really ugly too, but I think that they look cool, with the exception of the headstock..I hate the headstock of the tele, if it had a headstock of strat then it would be perfect...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Blompcube
Also the custom/deluxe and some thinline teles have different pickguards, without the control plate. But the custom is SH pickup config, the deluxe is HH, and the thinline is semi-hollow.

Yeah, a Tele's not a Tele without double singles in my opinion.

And it's not that I only like the Strat for it's (awesome) body. I love the sound of it, too.

Quote by fifer
I used to think they were really ugly too, but I think that they look cool, with the exception of the headstock..I hate the headstock of the tele, if it had a headstock of strat then it would be perfect...

Strat headstock FTW.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Tele headstocks are the best part. They're simple and classy.

Strat is too fancy and big.

I guess I'm biased though.

I think completely opposite. Worst headstock I have ever layed eyes on.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
I think that the overall shape is goofy...now the Explorer, that's a excellently shaped guitar. Stratocasters have a neat shape, if a little basic.
LOL phone camera. No seriously I love that guitar.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
What other guitar came with an ashtray? I mean, besides that ****ty one on the strat.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
I always liked tele's , especialy the bridge.
But that's just me.
I don't even shred
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
telecasters? ugly? what!?

Hideous.

I think Tele's are uglier that BC Rich's, sound WAY too twangy, and play akwardly, I can't stand them in any way, shape or form. I will actually biegin to almost immediately dislike a guitarist I don't personally know if I see them with a tele. The only exception to this rule is Jimmy Page.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
telecasters? ugly? what!?

Actually, that does look better than I thought.
The only trouble I've found with the tele is that it lacks the contour of the body the strat has. That's why I plan to get a contour carved into the upper side whenever I get my Esquire. Value be damned!

Quote by fifer

i told my friend his tele's headstock looks like a penis and he tells me he's never been enthused about playing it after he heard that, lmao..

i don't think they look hideous, but i don't think they're beautiful either
I wouldnt go that far and say they looked like that...but I just dont like them, they are too plain I guess, and too small.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i think are really classy guitars that say play me, where as strats are just less beautiful and justify the inferiority with its trem.

but dont get me wrong reliced sunburst strats, and like the green and pink ones are absolutely gorgeous.... but teles are pretty no matter what

edit: sg man forever , so you hate jonny greenwood, joe strummer, syd barret, jeff beck, graham coxon, bob dylan, david gilmour, george harrison, alex lifeson, keith richards, bruce springsteen, andy summers, and pete townshend?

thats a big chunk of poular music through out the last forty or so years... i d be careful making statements like that, they make you seem ignorant
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Last edited by latinosuperstud at Sep 14, 2007,
Quote by latinosuperstud

edit: sg man forever , so you hate jonny greenwood, joe strummer, syd barret, jeff beck, graham coxon, bob dylan, david gilmour, george harrison, alex lifeson, keith richards, bruce springsteen, andy summers, and pete townshend?

thats a big chunk of poular music through out the last forty or so years... i d be careful making statements like that, they make you seem ignorant

Look at my post do I use the word "hate" in it? No. I actually don't like Keith Richards tho, and not cause of his tele. I just think he's really overrated. Also, I didn't know Townshend ever used a tele. What songs did he use it on? I'm curious now.

I understand that what I said was a little extreme, and I regret saying it now. I was just trying to emphasize that I REALLY REALLY dislike tele's. Some people can do wonders with that sound they get, but I'm just not one of them.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Also, I didn't know Townshend ever used a tele. What songs did he use it on? I'm curious now.

Well, he used one at Live Aid.
they sound alright but it's just a drag to play i dunno why but when i play it im just not satisfied...
and the actions a bitch.
Cancer.
I want a telecaster, love the looks, like the sound. Might be my next guitar if I can ever afford one.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Lol Well i bought mine used...for $150 it sounds great but it's got a decent amount of cosmetic damage/replaced a saddle peice
but other than that it's pretty good, look for a used one if you can?
Cancer.
Personally, the only Fenders I don't dislike the looks of are Jaguars and Jazzmaster.

Someone just needs to build me a HH Jaguar with a tune-o-matic and an angled headstock.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I love the appearance and tone of a Tele. I win.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I think Tele's are rather elegent-looking. Sure they can twang, but that has never limited Prince's style.
Quote by marktuazon
did someone mention a tele with a strat headstock?? check out the tele deluxe..comes with HH pup config though..could be good or bad.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-72-Telecaster-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=511141

you see... i don't like that headstock too much. i prefer the headstock to barely have room for the word "Fender" on it if it has a pre-cbs style headstock i'd like it though.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by SG Man Forever
Hideous.

I think Tele's are uglier that BC Rich's, sound WAY too twangy, and play akwardly, I can't stand them in any way, shape or form. I will actually biegin to almost immediately dislike a guitarist I don't personally know if I see them with a tele. The only exception to this rule is Jimmy Page.
Good god, you're an asshat.

Teles are the best guitars ever.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Guitarinetist
But they're just so goddamned ugly. It's shape (not sound) is like a Stratocaster's retarded little brother. That's why I'm getting a Strat.

(No offense to Telephiliacs.)

then get a strat, we don´t care (at least i don´t)
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
A Telecaster has no contour because it's a proper man's guitar and doesn't need any poncy stuff. If you see somebody on stage with a telecaster you can be pretty sure they mean business...they're versatile, great sounding, no-nonsense guitars and are also nigh on indestructable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 2