I was wondering if anybody could recomend a good guitar effects program that i can put on my computer. I mean so that when i have my guitar plugged into my computer (like right now) i want to be able to use different effects that arent on my amp. It is mostly for when i am board so i dont want to spend money on it. A wide range of effects would be nice to. I already tried GuitarFX3 and i didnt like it. it kept giving me pop ups and i just didnt like the organization or the selection of effects. Thanks
thanks for the reply but it seems that guitar rig cost about $500, which is about $500 mor than i want to spend.
you can get a 30 min demo of it (30 min at a time) on the native intruments website but your gonna want a good asio compatible sound card
I recommend a Line 6 Toneport with Gearbox software (comes with the toneport).
Some people don't like it, and to be honest, at first i didn't either. But it's very very affordable, and with a bit of tweaking, can do an awful lot for the cost. =)
how do i know if it is asio compatible? I have a Creatife X-Fi Extrememusic which is supposed to be really good for this kind of thing. and where is the 30 minute demo?
Last edited by specWB at Sep 14, 2007,
Quote by xAlayax
I recommend a Line 6 Toneport with Gearbox software (comes with the toneport).
Some people don't like it, and to be honest, at first i didn't either. But it's very very affordable, and with a bit of tweaking, can do an awful lot for the cost. =)

Agreed. The TonePort is very affordable, and the Gearbox software might not as good as guitar rig, but it still offers lots of opportunities. It also works well with basic recording.
guitar rig is wonderful. really great. it isnt perfect yet, and i think the biggest fault is that it feels a little too much like your guitar doesnt make a difference; changing pickup positions on my electric normally makes a very drastic difference, which it doesnt through this, but its definitely an awesome piece of kit, and will only get better.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.