Okay, well I've been practicing a few scales, and so far so good, but the problem is my fingers. How can you make sure your finger won't slip off or travel somewhere else. I'm playing with the tip of my fingers, as I was told to do.
Just practice slowly. Try to maintain control of your fingers, without tensing up. You don't want any tension in your fretting hand.
Acoustic or electric? Doesn't matter, really. Make sure you're pressing hard enough, and if you have calluses (I assume you do) they might thicken, making it even easier.

Practice.
Quote by kyrreca
Just practice slowly. Try to maintain control of your fingers, without tensing up. You don't want any tension in your fretting hand.

start with that. then build your speed.
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
Quote by Stupified
Acoustic or electric? Doesn't matter, really. Make sure you're pressing hard enough, and if you have calluses (I assume you do) they might thicken, making it even easier.

Practice.

Well, I guess. It doesn't hurt as much as it did 3 days ago. I feel like I can play for hours still, but I get irritated when my finger slips from the string. How slow do I have to play?
^Slow enough that you dont make any mistakes. Then increase speed. You cant run before you can walk.
You're trying to play too fast, slow down until you can play it accurately. If that means slowimg down to one note every 2 seconds then that's how slow you have to go.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com