right its my 18th today, and im going to get a new guitar, (dont worry about my amp im looking to get an engl or a marshall and il be getting it in the next week or 2) anyways ive been looking at the jackson RR5 ive had a go and really liked it, but i saw the jackson DK2T (you can prob tell i want a hardtail) and just wondered apart from the shape obviously and its a bolt on not a neck thru is there really that much difference? since the RR5 is about £700 and the DK2T is about £430ish is it really worth the money jump? has anybody played both or can compare them?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/11910

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/13990
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
neck-thrus are definately better than a bolt-on. And if the RR5 is the white and gold one, then yes, its worth the price jump. Those are amazing-looking. The Eerie-Dess swirl looks awesome, but i absollutely luv that RR5. A pickup change on the Dinky with the swirl would work. would make em about the same in awesomeness.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Sep 14, 2007,
yeah i love that swirl finish, and im possibly consider swapping out the pickups anyway for some BKP's or swineheads
Gear

Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Neckthru guitars are no better than bolt ons. The difference in sound is minimal and the only big difference is going to be the neck heel which will probably be better on the neck thru. God help you if you **** that neck up though.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
so which one? and also what do people think about the engl screamer combo?
Gear

Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
yep, i think im gonna get the screamer, still not sure on which guitar yet though..
Gear

Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's