Im new to the guitar... and im in no position to get formal lessons cuz i simply dont have the time or the money... i need help does anyone know how i can get better... any sites or anything... im in dire need of help... and any good easy songs that i can find tabbed on this site that are pleasing to both the ear and my fingers?
This thread has been marked: iRonic
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Look at the top of this page. See those white letters that say "Lessons"? You're on a site that can teach you already!
Check out the 'Lessons' link at the top of the page. That will get you going.

Oh yeah check out first link in my sig.
epic7734
There are absolutely no shortcuts my friend. Your first year of playing will be getting your dexterity and finger strength. You will also find your fingers sore before the calluses have set in.

Do this exercise to start. First string (low E...biggest string) 1-2-3-4, next string 1-2-3-4, next string 1-2-3-4, etc. Then go backwards, 4-3-2-1, previous string, 4-3-2-1, previous string 4-3-2-1, etc. Do this until you can go up and down the fretboard with ease and speed.

After you get this down somewhat, start on scales or chords depending on what your goals are, genre of music you want to play, and/or if you want to play lead or rhythm. For scales, I suggest...

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?qqq=+0&scch=C&scchnam=Harmonic+Minor&get2=Get

...that should get you started and I hope this helps.

Chris
Quote by fendernoob_2007
Thankyou everyone... well the 3 of you... not counting the ironic guy for commenting

Yeah, that was me, which also was the first to help you as well.
Quote by TSelman
Yeah, that was me, which also was the first to help you as well.

i didnt get it though?
Quote by fendernoob_2007
i didnt get it though?

lol... he just meant that you had already found a great place to learn. Thats all.

Yeah....so just check out the lesson section, theres a whole lot of stuff there.
Don't forget about the links in my sig. The guy who wrote them does a great job of explaining a lot of important things.
epic7734
Quote by Coins
Use a metronome when practicing. Always

Get in this habbit early!!!, I made the mistake of not doing that, and I still have problems with timeing. I like to jump into my own internal timing..... lets just say it doesn't match most songs.