How is one suppose to let the tubes "warm up" in standby with the Champ 600? it has no standby switch, should I just switch it on and leave it for a minute?

PS

Thanks for the amp advice from all the uger's from my other "wattage for recording" thread.
Well, if it's a tube amp that has only one switch, usually when you flip it on, it won't emit sound for 10-15 seconds. That's your tubes warming up.

EDIT: At least that's what I thought.
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Sep 14, 2007,
yes... just turn it on and make sure the volume is on zero... then after a mintue turn it up to whatever you want

^ you could be i mean when i think about it, there arent really that many tubes to warm up so what you said makes sense... but i like my own bakwards way of doing things.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Last edited by latinosuperstud at Sep 14, 2007,
The original Champs had tube rectifiers, which eliminates the need for a standby switch.

The SS rectifier and the lack of a standby switch on the Champion 600 is just cost cutting. Your tubes will wear out faster than normal, and there not really anything you can do about it.
^ That helps a bit, but it's definitely not a substitute for the slow warmup up of a tube rectifier or a standby switch.
Keep the guitar's volume on 0 for a minute or two.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30