ok, so it's my turn to be a noob...

i seem to have developed fret buzz mainly the low E and G strings...
i've raised the action and re-tuned but doesn't make that much difference...
the buzzing seems to be more evident on the lower frets, so maybe i need more relief...
will a fret-levelling reduce/remove the fret buzz and/or let me lower the action... ?
the frets themselves don't seem to be worn...

sorry if this is something completely obvious to you people...
first time this has happened to me...
Since you have already raised the action i would suggest checking out the nut of your guitar, then your relief.

I find the best order is to raise the action, check the nut, check the relief, then check the frets.

Sometimes its really hard to really tell where the fret buzz is coming from. So i just go through those steps first.
epic7734
Is this an electric or acoustic? The Jackson in your signature?

It's very uncommon for one or two strings to wear into the nut and cause buzzing, but I suppose it would be possible. usually if the nut slots are too deep it will be all of them. Leveling the frets might help, especially if the buzz is because they are uneven. If they have never been leveled that's a good possibility. You can check that with a good straight edge, I use a 24" machinist ruler. Note that it should have some clearance (relief) in the middle, that's normal. a 12" ruler probably will do it also. just lay the edge on the frets and look closely to see if some are touching and others are not.

Fret at the 3rd fret. Check the clearance at the 1st or 2nd fret with a feeler gauge. It should be around .008-.012, no less than .006 If it's on the low side, the nut slots are too deep, it may need to be shimmed or replaced.

Look over the frets closely again, pull the strings aside so you can see or remove them. You should have no grooves in the frets, directly under the strings. This is most commonly seen on the lower frets near the nut. If they have grooves, that's the most likely cause, the frets need to be leveled and re-crowned.

Another possibility is the nut slots have the wrong angle on them. The nut slots must have a slight angle downward, toward the tuning keys or the flat surface will buzz. Hold down on the offending strings, just behind the nut, and pluck the string. if the buzzing goes away that's your problem. You won't need a lot of pressure, just enough to put a little more tension. Don't worry about pulling it out of tune, it can't be avoided.

Take it to a competent shop unless you are very familiar with guitar repair.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...