I was looking on Guitarcenter.com and looking around. I noticed that Danelectro has reissues 2 models, The Danelectro Pro, and the Dano '59. The pro looks somewhat like a Bo-Diddley model with a different pickguard. The pro looks like a very retro double cut. both have lipstick Alnico pickups. Does anyone have any experiance or ever played one before? i noticed they have aluminum nuts, which is odd.
dude, didn't you just buy a schecter?
why are you looking at those?!
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
^ dude, who cares? You can never have enough guitars!

And I'm very interested in this guitar as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing if anyone has any experience.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by qotsa1998
i didnt buy a Schecter. I just like Damiens more than C-1's.

my bad, i recognised your avatar from that other thread.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I'm after one of these as well.

From what I've read, the whole construction is odd. Hollow masonite body, lipstick tube pickups and aluminium nut as you mentioned.....they're supposed to sound almost like an acoustic when played clean, and they apparently have a really good slide sound.

Plus, Jimmy Page played one live. can't get a better reccomendation than that.
I personally don't like the sound of them. It is very thin, unbalanced, weak and prone to feedback. There are some Danelectro fans who love them. Some do use them for slide. I imagine some old bottleneck blues would sound good, but you would have to turn the treble down. Its a retro thing. You had better try before you buy. I am old enough that I have played the originals. Didn't like them then either. But its a taste thing. You might fall in love. I don't know if there's a modern genre that they are capable of doing. Neat looking old things though. I'd visit some pawn shops and flea markets. You'd be surprised at some of the old pawn shop gems you will come across cheap.
Hey, not a problem: I barely care about "modern" genres of music anyway. Psychadelic rock all the way, man.

The way I see it, if Syd Barrett used one, and Page used one (even though his was the higher-end version), that's good enough for me. Syd's a primary influence in all senses of the word, and considering Page could've used pretty much any guitar and still picked the cheap Danelectro......well, there's gotta be something there.....

Just hope the reissues are on equal level as the old models.