So I am looking into getting a pedal (or 2 or three) to kinda fill out my blues rig. I currently play a strat into a fender ss amp (100W) and I play a range of Clapton, SRV, Hendrix, Robert Cray, etc blues styles. Some ones that I had in mind are...

Boss BD-2
Digitech Screaming Blues
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Danelectro Fab Overdrive (might just get for the heck of it because its only like $25)

Any help/first hand experience? Right now I am leaning towards a BD-2. And please don't say tubescreamer, because Im not going to get one of those till' i have a valve amp....

Hawk
Bad Monkey out of that list. but why not tubescreamer? wtf? BD2 and Bad Monkeys have similar circurity and such. and sound the same. if u buy a Bad Monkey, u wouldn't need a tubescreamer probably. many people like them as a cheap alternative of a Tubescreamer.

but ofcourse it wouldn't hurt if u get a Tubescreamer.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i heard the blues driver is just straight up bad, i never trust digitech (unless its whammy). really just get a tubescreamer dont worry about the amp
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
every OD pedal would sound the same through an SS amp. won't have good tone when u dig in the strings either.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by -heartbreaker-
he uses an SS amp

well hes thinking of switching to tube somewhere along the line, hes got the money to buy one now, why not?
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
I'm just gonna put this out there.

Marshall Bluesbreaker.

I trust all Marshall pedals, and i hear good things

or, you know.....Tube Screamer.
Quote by rage6945
i heard the blues driver is just straight up bad, i never trust digitech (unless its whammy). really just get a tubescreamer dont worry about the amp

BD-2 Bluesdriver is a BOSS pedal.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
maybe he should just get the tube amp now? without wasting 100ish dollars on finding a pedal that tries to do what a tube amp does? a used blues Jr. from eBay might come in handy at a decent price?

Quote by zeppelinpage4

did he every say they were Boss pedals? i think he needed to seperate between his BD opinion and the digitech opinion
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
maybe he should just get the tube amp now? without wasting 100ish dollars on finding a pedal that tries to do what a tube amp does? a used blues Jr. from eBay might come in handy at a decent price?

did he every say they were Boss pedals? i think he needed to seperate between his BD opinion and the digitech opinion

+1 to that idea, TS how much money do you have in your budget right now?

Something like a Blues or even a Pro Junior, paired with maybe a Bad Monkey would probably sound good.

Edit: I just noticed that he meant two different pedals.
I guess it could be read both ways, but the one you mentioned makes more sense lol.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

^for SRV, Pro Jr might not be what he's thinking tho. i want the Princeton Reverb REALLY bad right now... built in attenuator too... god. that probably has the Stevie Ray tone i've always been looking for.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well i got about 6 hundred i could spend, which would clean me right out for a BJ, which is what I want. The problem is Im not sure if i can justify buying another amo when the old one is still less that a year old. In case your wondering I bought a ss amp because I didnt want to be taking tubes to school etc.

sorry if im being confuzing, but I have had too much caffine today. Singing off now will be back on in morning.....

Hawk

ps: ty for help
^sell ur old amp. to a person who wants it. it works. and it's okay if its less than one year old. i bought mine in replacement for an MG which was like 5 months old. now MG is gone.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I had the FM 212R! I didn't own it longer than a year! I went tubes as fast as possible, and it is %100 justifyable. I was just listening to Stevie about an hour ago, admiring my choice to get rid of my FM 212R.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by zeppelinpage4

i realize that, i like boss, but i dont think that one boss pedal sounds that great
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by rage6945
i realize that, i like boss, but i dont think that one boss pedal sounds that great

It's cool, I read your first post wrong, I thought you referred to the BD-2 as a Digitech pedal. So I just wanted to point out it was Boss, but then EC pointed out that you were talking about both the Boss BD-2 and digitech pedals.