I'm really new to wiring and such, but my Fender Frontman has my favorite distortion. I'm basically out of money at the time. And need a performing Cab. the only one i have is the one i built myself. So i thought, well i can use the headphone jack as an output. The light isn't coming on even though the frontman is plugged in. Electricity is going to the power outlet because i hit it on accident and it gave me a little shock. Which, if you're an idiot this happens alot. But i didn't know if i could possibly fix this problem. I'm not getting anything going from the guitar to the frontman to the cab, but i'm getting cab to frontman. also, is there a distortion pedal that fender makes that is identical to that of hte frontman/
?
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus Gold top
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Fender makes the Fender Blender, not much more tho. Billy Corgan used a Fender Blender.
And to use a cab, there has to be a certain 1/4" jack that will connect to a cab. its labelled, so youll know what jack to hook up to. i dont think a frontman can use an extension cab.
Well the main problem is the wiring in the control panel. I didn't know what i could do about that.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
I already opened it up, it took the control panel out. Yes i believe i can. But like i said, the power outlet is getting power, but the power isn't reaching the little little above the power switch. I think that normally that little like signals that there is a signal running through the entire circuit. I'm sure it can blow out, but i'm not getting any power to the cab or anything. So there's obviously a problem with it.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Did you check the fuse?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
No, i didn't know how you could tell if it blew or not.

Edit:This goes out to ECisthebest. Where do you get all of the parts for your pedals? And how do you know what to use to get what sound?
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Last edited by PunxRckr at Sep 15, 2007,
check the link in my sig. what kind of pedal do you want? distortion or overdrive?
Distortion, because i'm not such a big fan of tube sounds. Except for cleans
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
ok ill post some links in a second to some distortion pedals you can build
The thing is, i don't know how to tell what's what. I want something that's going to get me a really good metal tone. But i don't know how to tell what hte pedals sound like.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
^ Well a good metal tone is something that won't come from the distortion circuit of a Frontman, for sure. You could build a ProCo RAT, maybe do a few mods, that'd be a brilliant metal tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I was just on the Build your own clone site, and i liked the tone of the Shredder, but i want more distortion

:more saturation
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide