Page 1 of 2
Is anybody else on UG having a hard time at high school? I dont mean just school work, I'm kinda leaning toward the social part of high school. Well if you're having a hard time or a problem seek advice and vent here.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Well then Dirge you're either lying to yourself or you're really lucky.
I hate it, it's really one big cliche. I feel like I'm living in a movie that I've seen a billion times before..

Yes I am. I always heard in health class about peer pressure and **** and dealing with drugs, and I just thought "wtf? it's nothing liek that." Now I'm at my friends house today and he pulls out 2 blunts for him and his other friend and asks if i wanna try and insists i do. I also heard the **** about discovering yourself adn maturing and its all ****in real. I've changed so much and matured faster than all my friends except maybe one and trouble with everything.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Musical Meds
Well then Dirge you're either lying to yourself or you're really lucky.

actually, most people find that high school and college are the best years of their life. so far, it's been the best part of mine
I'm having a pretty tough time. It's hard to talk to anyone with only 1 minute to get to each class (on the other side of the galaxy )

Quote by Doolittle
I hate it, it's really one big cliche. I feel like I'm living in a movie that I've seen a billion times before..

Same here. Everyone in my high school are the most unbelievably stereotypical cliques

Also, I don't understand what the point is of high school. So far I haven't learned a thing. Instead of giving you a few, extremely-important projects and basing your grades off that, they pile you up with thousands of 2-pt. assignments! So, instead of learning to work hard or be smart, you learn how to excel in mediocrity!
Last edited by thewho65 at Sep 14, 2007,
yea it is cliche, but i found that if you yourself are a nice person, ppl will be very accepting of u, i have more ppl to tlk to than ever
Yeah, I'm all out of beer and weed!

High school is a joke academically. Everyone just works to pass the course, not to learn anything. So I just sit back and sleep in class while the teachers help the struggling, stupid, preppy chicks understand the difference between protons and electrons.

Although, finding a meaningful relationship is a bit of a challenge. If I'm ever interested in someone she's always shy and evasive. Finding a chance to talk is hard.

Oh well, as soon as I get some beer and weed I'll be fine.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I got social problems. I don't "fit in" with anybody now, not even my best friends. And I'm having some girl trouble (but doesnt most people).
College is 1,000 times better. Just hang in there. Think of all the college chicks.
Quote by Doolittle

CONTRIBUEDIT:I am having a blast,just talk to people,most people really aren't assholes,i figured that out last year
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by MedicreDemon
Yes I am. I always heard in health class about peer pressure and **** and dealing with drugs, and I just thought "wtf? it's nothing liek that." Now I'm at my friends house today and he pulls out 2 blunts for him and his other friend and asks if i wanna try and insists i do. I also heard the **** about discovering yourself adn maturing and its all ****in real. I've changed so much and matured faster than all my friends except maybe one and trouble with everything.

Wow. Its the exact opposite with me. 3 or 4 out of the 5 or 6 kids at the bus stop chew almost everyday and they've never even asked if I wanted any.
It's horrible . They shove me in my locker and knock my five text books out of my hands because I'm afraid that if I put them down I'll lose them. They even knock me over onto my back and because my backpack's so large I'm like turtle and it sucks . . .

It's easy.
Quote by Henry Polfave

CONTRIBUEDIT:I am having a blast,just talk to people,most people really aren't assholes,i figured that out last year

Im having somewhat of a hard time. Im super-shy and have a hard time talking to ppl i kno well even. so its hard to makes friends, and to break away from my old ones and make new ones.
Quote by Doolittle

i'm gonna sig that cuz it's true
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by Musical Meds
I got social problems. I don't "fit in" with anybody now, not even my best friends. And I'm having some girl trouble (but doesnt most people).

my experience, threadstarter, so don't take this personally, but...
it could just be that you have an antisocial personality. I've found that most people without any good friends act that way. that's how they don't have friends. frankly, it's not like everybody's going out of their way to make you feel unwanted, if anybody is. and I was one of those people back in the beginning of middle school, so stfu if you're going to say that I just don't get it.

Quote by Doolittle

how curt cobain-ish of you.
yeaa school is fun, but the work just wears me out. socially its fine if you got a lot of friends nuthin to worry about really. finding a relationship is kinda hard tho if you're not like sitting next to a girl you wanna talk to and you never get time to talk to ppl because you gotta get to class and do work and crap.
je suis haut
Yeah, like a few ppl have said, college is better. There's not as much pressure on anything really. No awkward situations of being forced to be around people you dont like and such. Just enjoy highschool though.
After just finishing High School, I have this to say.

Enjoy it. Even if it sucks at times make the most out of it. You're probably not going to see 99.9% of the people there ever again so just go nuts. I was reserved and kept to myself and like 6-7 other friends, and I regret it in a way for being so closeminded about everyone else. After high school, you never get another chance to have such huge social immerision again, unless you go to a crazy party college.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
School sucks.

It's a joke. I go to classes and kids ask for the answer to a question that the teacher has explained 3+ times already. And I take only advanced preAP and AP classes (except for Chinese and Latin, which are not offered in preAP or AP). I shudder to think of what a normal class is like. At least the kids in the classes I take are mostly motivated.

To add to that, I've somehow found the most dramatic people at the school. I'm going through drama right now, but it's heartbreak. Something everybody goes through at some point. So yes, it's a big deal to me right now, f*** off to anyone who's going to be like "it's just high school, get over it." That's not what I want to listen to (or, in this case, read). But my friends can turn the fact that someone didn't see them in the hallways into something to cry over. It's frustrating to say the least.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
wow rocker that sucks
i pack my backpack heavy cause i dont want to forget stuff for class but people dont knock **** out of my hands and knock me down
my hs sucks nothing ever happens. also the girls suck there to date. they're like omg ur cute,but they want me to change completely so im like wtf. other than that i wish all the friends i have in other schools are in this one i have friends here just they get annoying
Quote by R0CKER1220
It's horrible . They shove me in my locker and knock my five text books out of my hands because I'm afraid that if I put them down I'll lose them. They even knock me over onto my back and because my backpack's so large I'm like turtle and it sucks . . .

I actually lol'ed at that. Shows what I do when that happens at school.
My gym teacher is the Most Steryotypical person ever. its quite frightening really...but im having a pretty good time i guess. i always used to get annoyed cuz of movies with guys having girl trouble and all that, vuz i didnt think it was real....well i discovred it is
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
my experience, threadstarter, so don't take this personally, but...
it could just be that you have an antisocial personality. I've found that most people without any good friends act that way. that's how they don't have friends. frankly, it's not like everybody's going out of their way to make you feel unwanted, if anybody is. and I was one of those people back in the beginning of middle school, so stfu if you're going to say that I just don't get it.

Well its not like I have no friends and its not like I cant get along with people.

I have lots of friends but me and my friends dont have common intrests and stuff. I'm just extremely shy.

Why would you tell me to stfu anyway?

And by meaning we dont have commone intrests I mean that I have a 1 or 2 things in common with one friend and have 1 or 2 things in common with another friend. Its like I talk about guitar with one friend and metal with another.
Last edited by Musical Meds at Sep 14, 2007,
Quote by Doolittle

haha i know that
like a really bad mean girls parody kinda thing [only high scool movie i could think of 0_o]
people suck eh?
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by Musical Meds
Is anybody else on UG having a hard time at high school? I dont mean just school work, I'm kinda leaning toward the social part of high school. Well if you're having a hard time or a problem seek advice and vent here.

You know what you could do? Make a teen angst television show, OR a teen angst movie, and let every other teenager that has problems in highschool.. which is.. you know.. all of them.. Know that sometimes people have problems in high school.

Lordy lou.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
yeah im a freshman and i can usually tell which girls are the "i want to believe the highschool movies" girls and they are usually the ones that giggle at everything and assume everyones watching them all the time
Quote by Musical Meds
Well its not like I have no friends and I cant get along with people. I have lots of friends but me and my friends dont have common intrests and stuff. I'm just extremely shy.

Why would you tell me to stfu anyway?

if you read my post more carefully, you'd see that I said to stfu if you were going to say that I just didn't get how tough your life was.

anyway, if you can't get along with them, and you don't have common interests, why are they your friends?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
if you read my post more carefully, you'd see that I said to stfu if you were going to say that I just didn't get how tough your life was.

anyway, if you can't get along with them, and you don't have common interests, why are they your friends?

lol I meant I can get along with people. Typos suck. I read it right, just, telling me to shut the fuck up if I said you didn't get what I meant is kinda harsh or something.
Well, it is somewhat warranted. The typical angsty teenage answer of "You just don't udnerstand" has reached the point of critical cliche-ness.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Meh not really, i'm more stressed over the academic part.

Don't care about social stuff, I got some good friends and acquaintances...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
argh all this "cliche" **** is pissing me off

everyone does something cliche,so shut the **** up and make friends if that is why your not making friends

if you have trouble talking to people though i can feel for you,in 7th grade i basically was nervous reck,now i have more friends then fingers and toes COMBINED!?!?!?@!@!@
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Reasons why High School doesn't actually suck and you should shut your face if you disagree:
1. Freedom to do what you want (to an extent), but not have to pay the bills afterward.
2. The girls are easier.
3. It's really hard to get sent to actual jail, since you're a minor.
4. You get to sit around all day and learn with tons of people your age. Tell me that's not better than sitting around at an office all day and fiddling with a calculator, all by yourself.

any more suggestions?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
actually, most people find that high school and college are the best years of their life. so far, it's been the best part of mine

Who would classify high school as the best years of your life???

in high school you: live with your parents, probaly havent been laid, and have probaly no money.

out of high school: (hopefully) opposite of all of those ^

see what i mean??
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Reasons why High School doesn't actually suck and you should shut your face if you disagree:
1. Freedom to do what you want (to an extent), but not have to pay the bills afterward.
2. The girls are easier.
3. It's really hard to get sent to actual jail, since you're a minor.
4. You get to sit around all day and learn with tons of people your age. Tell me that's not better than sitting around at an office all day and fiddling with a calculator, all by yourself.

any more suggestions?

its funny to laugh at the stupid things the teachers say and do. My math teacher is so clueless that he forgets how to do the problems right up at the board
Page 1 of 2