has anyone seen this guitar? it looks awesome to me

any thoughts/feelings?
idk about it. looks kinda cool. the smaller size equals less thickness to it.
Very lame.

the 335 is the only Gibson guitar I like but half the awesomeness about it is how big it is.
I don't like it. When I pick up a semihollowbody, I want it to be a big 'ol git-tar. That's part of the charm of it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I would definitely try one. I heard some clips on the Gibson website. I know you can't trust sound clips, but it sounded very Les Paulish with a little hollowbody resonance. I also like the looks. I have a semihollow 335-like guitar and you would be surprised at how much you can overdrive a good one and not fight feedback.
Semi-hollows aren't that big... It took me like a day to get used to playing. That thing just looks weired. Sexy, but still weired. Plus it's a custom shop guitar, so you know it's going to cost a ton.

Gibson seems to trying to find all the ways to put less wood in all their guitars possible. First they started "weight-relieving" a lot of their LP's now their shrinking their semi-hollows...
Pretty soon they won't be wood anymore. Almost all the good hardwood in the world is used up. Get your wooden guitars while they last.
Quote by T!AN

Gibson seems to trying to find all the ways to put less wood in all their guitars possible. First they started "weight-relieving" a lot of their LP's now their shrinking their semi-hollows...

Ha ha, SG's don't have that problem, so we're not getting jipped! Take that Les Paul owners!

JK, Les Pauls rule too.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I have to admit that I am pretty impressed with how well it puts up with gain. The price isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be either. It's still weired seeing a hollow-body that tiny though...

Quote by SG Man Forever
Ha ha, SG's don't have that problem, so we're not getting jipped! Take that Les Paul owners!

JK, Les Pauls rule too.

There's probably some Gibson tech sitting behind a desk right now trying to figure out how to "weight-relieve" an SG. You shouldn't have jinxed it, lol...
They look and sound great to me. Aesthetically, I think it would look better with block inlays.
It's not my style, as I'm 6'5'' I love the big ES-335. I can appreciate how this would be good for smaller players though. I've seen 5'5'' guitarists using Sheratons and such and they look like children playing daddies guitar haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I like. Sounds nice with gain. If it's cheaper than a 335 I guess it will be ~ £1500 which isn't too bad for a Gibby. Will it appear in the UK - that is the question.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
^ I seriously doubt that it'll hit the UK, seeing as it's being limited to just a few American sites.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by T!AN
I have to admit that I am pretty impressed with how well it puts up with gain. The price isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be either. It's still weired seeing a hollow-body that tiny though...

There's probably some Gibson tech sitting behind a desk right now trying to figure out how to "weight-relieve" an SG. You shouldn't have jinxed it, lol...

The only way to weight relieve an SG would be to take an SG shaped helium balloon and figure how to attach a fretboard without a neck. Let's not give them any bright ideas.
Quote by SgtBeavis
Gibson Demo Video on 339

I love the look and sound of the 335 (shopping for an Epi Dot right now) but after checking this video, I gotta admit that I love the 339 too.

And its cheaper than an ES-335.

I like the sound and look of this to...