Just asking out of curiosity, but other than strats what do you consider a good...

blues guitar?

versitile guitar?
I like semi-hollows for blues.

THE most versatile guitar.

It's got HSH, Piezos, AND a Roland Synth pickup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Semi-hollows definately. Specifically, most of the Gibson ES series.

I would say a chambered solidbody would be even better, but so far few chambered solidbodies are made, let alone ones made with good hardware.
I'd say tele is an awesome blues guitar, and very versatile.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Epiphone and Gibson hollowbodies, strats, teles, Les pauls, guilds (solid or hollow), perhaps a few Gretsch models in there. Get one of those box guitars like Bo Diddley. Hell Albert King played a flying V. Experiment a bit. Most of the classic electric designs we know and love started life being used in Jazz, blues and early rock and roll.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
For me, Stratocaster. it might just be me. but Clapton and Stevie Ray uses/used them. so i guess not.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Telecasters make for great blues guitars
but i'd try a hollow body they're amazing for blues
Cancer.
I don't subscribe to the whole "____ guitar can only be used for _____ music" or the "____ music can only be played on _____ guitars". Take a look at the guitarists that play the blues. There really isn't a trend there. You've got everything from Fender, everything from Gibson, and a few odd ducks (Danelectro, Gretsch and Guild to name a few) mixed in for good measure. The only thing you can do is go out and play them to see what kicks it for you.

If we're voting on most versatile guitar period, I would have to vote Godin or Parker (depending on model).
I agree with the above
James root uses a telecaster..(guitarist from slipknot)
and a few other heavier bands use telecasters aswell just cant think of any.
But some guitars just sound a bit better for certain types of music
Cancer.
Les Pauls and Telecasters are great.

You could also use an SG, each one will have a different tone and feel. But all of them should be great and versatile enough with blues.

Quote by TwoString
I don't subscribe to the whole "____ guitar can only be used for _____ music" or the "____ music can only be played on _____ guitars". Take a look at the guitarists that play the blues. There really isn't a trend there. You've got everything from Fender, everything from Gibson, and a few odd ducks (Danelectro, Gretsch and Guild to name a few) mixed in for good measure. The only thing you can do is go out and play them to see what kicks it for you.

If we're voting on most versatile guitar period, I would have to vote Godin or Parker (depending on model).

QFT great advice.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Sep 15, 2007,
I just watched Clapton's Crossroads guitar festival, I taped it from PBS a couple of years ago, and the majority of the players, 90% blues, were playing strats. There were a couple of others, a Les Paul{Hubert Sumlin), a Telecaster(Steve Cropper), JJ Cale's strat looking guitar I can't see the name on, and a 12 string one of the old black players used. But mostly Strats. Clapton, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Jimmy Vaughn, John Mayer, Joe Walsh and a couple of others all used strats.

Personally, my favorite is a strat, I also use a Cort CL 1500 hollow body, a Washburn BT 2 and a Peavey Patriot occasionally for blues, and I use a couple of telecaster copies for slide, but I also use them all for everything too...Rock, blues, country, 50's, dance you name it, I'll use whichever one is still in tune. The Peavey is really bright, I have to be careful with it.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by FacingUsAll
I like semi-hollows for blues.

THE most versatile guitar.

It's got HSH, Piezos, AND a Roland Synth pickup.
I have yet to hear a single bad thing about the Godin. I'd love to have one.
Quote by Wiggly
Just asking out of curiosity, but other than strats what do you consider a good...

blues guitar?

Supro Ozark 1560s, Jimi Hendrix's first electric guitar on which he learned how to play the blues. If it's good enough for Jimi, ...

versitile guitar?

The Air guitar...

Quote by ColdGin

Just looking at the pole pieces on that pickup, is that a staggered single coil? Looks like they've arranged it like on a bass.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard