Ampeg Half Stack <----this one

I'm thinking of getting this for my next amp when i get some money, it won't be soon maybe not even for a few years, but i'm looking for an upgrade on my behringer 450, now before you say anything is an upgrade from that, i'm looking more on criticisms of this amp, as opposed to my previous amp choices

So the amp has an SVT-410HLF classic cabinet, and an SVT-Pro 3 head, the cabinet has 4 10 in. speakers, while my behringer only has two, and i think having four good speakers would sound better than two crappy aluminum ones

so do you guys have any experience with this cabinet/head, and do you know of anything around the same price range, with the same or better quality, i've played on a few Ampeg's and i've loved the tone, its amazing, which is why i chose them, although i've heard good things about companies like GK and Trace Elliot and a few others, but i would prefer ampeg, i'm even willing to pay a few hundred bucks more if its a better amp to.
that combinaton sounds absolutly beautifull actually. when you go to the guitar store set all the knobs at 0 and when you hear how wonderfull it sounds just keep in mind it gets way better cuz there is way more room for tweeking it into something even better.

in this price range there is notheing better imo and hard to find something equally as good.

just keep this in mind about the SVT3 you can have either have two 8ohm cabs wich would make the amp push around 600W or you can have one 4ohm cab pushing450W. the SVT410HLF sounds great and is ultra portable (its just heavy)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Sep 15, 2007,
if u like the sound u like the sound, all u need is a pbass there and u got a killer combo.

the only other rig that would compete in my mind is a gk 700rbIV/410rbh or 1001rbII/410rbh combo. the latter being my preference.

personally, i dont like the ampeg sound, but thas just me, and only me apparently.
Quote by Emergancy Exit

just keep this in mind about the SVT3 you can have either have two 8ohm cabs wich would make the amp push around 600W or you can have one 4ohm cab pushing450W. the SVT410HLF sounds great and is ultra portable (its just heavy)

explain?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by SocKo?
if u like the sound u like the sound, all u need is a pbass there and u got a killer combo.

the only other rig that would compete in my mind is a gk 700rbIV/410rbh or 1001rbII/410rbh combo. the latter being my preference.

personally, i dont like the ampeg sound, but thas just me, and only me apparently.

i don't use p basses to often, lately i've been using my Schecter custom 5, i'll check those amps out though, thanks
Quote by Emergancy Exit

no, 1 4ohm cab would make the amp push out as much wattage as 2 8ohm cabs.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
i saw it on the ampeg website i'll look for it again ..i was thinking the same thing when i read it.

crap whell i cant find it .. anyways you can use 2 8ohm cabs or 1 4ohm cab. useing 28ohm cabs will sound a little louder
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Zar938
thanks for the feedback guys

holy sh.t no one has made fun of my behringer!

you already have to play through a behringer, so why kick a guy when he is already down. lol
Ampeg SVT series dominates the pro bass world, for a good reason, sound quality!
Okay this may be only me here and my lack of knowledge, but will you really need 450 watts? If a place needs that much volume, nowadays they will most likely have a PA. But I most likely have no clue what I am talking about.
Quote by Emergancy Exit

anyways you can use 2 8ohm cabs or 1 4ohm cab. useing 28ohm cabs will sound a little louder

that is true, not because of the wattage though. Because of the fact that it's twice the number of speakers and twice the airspace!

Quote by Zar938

holy sh.t no one has made fun of my behringer!

yes but you also want to buy an SVT, that just blows any possible put-downs about your current set up out of the window
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by IndianRockStar
Okay this may be only me here and my lack of knowledge, but will you really need 450 watts? If a place needs that much volume, nowadays they will most likely have a PA. But I most likely have no clue what I am talking about.

i don't really need that much wattage, but the amp i have now is 450 watts (again, i didn't really need that much, but i got a good deal on it) so i don't really want to downgrade how on wattage, because even though the behringer's tone isn't that great, and the electronics aren't to good either, its still loud, and i like to play loud, even when I practice
^well it's 450 watts but it's probably louder due to having better speakers.
EH

if you can get the Gallien Krueger 1001RB head/410RBH cab as he said, get it... i bet you'll be much happier with the Gallien Krueger gear... they make the best amps of todays music, i believe.....

that combination sounds AWESOME, though!