I play Dual Rectifiers all the time but I cant get the distortion to sound smooth or warm as tremonti. Its really grainy and harsh. Is it because he has a 15 or 30 band eq? An OD? Tube change? All of the above?

I'm setting up a new rig right now and I'm just wondering if I should go for it or look around. I have a PRS guitar with his pickup in it so the guitar is ok. Its whatever is coming after the guitar I'm having trouble with.

Any help would be awesome
Quote by winno
Last I checked he used a Triple Rectifier.

Heres a vid of tremontis rig (its probably a bit old though).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f_CUQXOf2p4

He also says the settings for his rectifier, its like, bass 10, mid 6, treb 6 or something.

Yea he does live. He uses a dual in the studio. I could kill my family with a tripple recto.
I've read reports that he's switched things up a bit and added a Road King and possibly a Mark IV. Something about a jam session with Petrucci and Batio where Petrucci showed up with three Road Kings and a Mark and sold both of them on the virtues of those two amps. He's already using a Maverick along with a Twin Reverb for his clean tones, I wouldn't expect that to change. If you watch the rig video, he's got a Bogner along with a rack EQ, so that may lend to some of the fatness you're talking about.

EDIT - Pic of Tremonti's amp collection in the studio a few months ago.
Last edited by TwoString at Sep 15, 2007,
heh, i like the apple logo on his marshall.

don't forget that what you're hearing on the CD has a bunch of studio voodoo going on there... so don't expect your raw amp to get that sound.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.