It just came to me out of the blue, divine inspiration, one might say.

We need a resource to actually develop our skills together, and this is it:

RULES:
1.) Someone posts a song and someone else takes it, adds to it, remixes it, cleans it up, dumbs it down etc. Add lyrics, instruments, effects, anything at all. Make sure and post applicable info to your song (IE key, tempo, chord progressions, how you want the song to feel etc.)

2.) Anyone can take any song and do anything to it (except flame, we're not all as good as you are at the guitar). It's public domain when you post it.

3.) We make weekly/monthly etc votes and compile some community made songs, and leave them posted at the top for everyone to listen to. Let's make UG's first album!

4.) Please, please, PLEASE, don't spam this thread to death. Don't spam it at all, spam someone elses

5.) Eveyone's a part of the UG BAND (whether you want to be or not )

So here goes.

Here's a song I came up with real quick. It alternates 5/4 and 4/4, it's in A minor, heavy pentatonic, at 120 bpm. Let me know if you can't download it.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/flashbandit/music/all/play74948

UG ALBUM I - untitled
1.) ?
2.) ?
3.) ?
4.) ?
5.) ?

P.S. I'd recommend Audacity or Reaper for recording stuff, those 2 programs are free, and totally rock.
Actually, this gets done a lot
I wouldn't mind joining though
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Can I play the kazoo?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Cool idea, but what if we made it on Guitar Pro or something so it didn't keep getting diluted and taking the best parts from everybody's versions? Just a sugestion.

I could definetely do drum tracks and whatnot unless there's a better drummer (I'm fairly good) too.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Last edited by 16kramer05 at Sep 15, 2007,
swizeet count me in. Now I just need some recording material...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Great idea in theory, but it never quite pans out, unfortunately.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
I'm listening to the 2003 UGer's Ultimate Ballad right now, actually It's pretty damn good if you ask me