Page 1 of 2
Well there is a worst live band thread but there is not best live band so i decided there should be one so who do you think the best live band is. Discuss!
The Bouncing Souls, no contest.

The Queers and the Loved Ones are up there too.

If Avail counts as pop-punk, they beat out everybody.
if your a fan, blink 182, if your not a fan they are the worst live band ever apparently
^Tom DeLonge is terrible live.

Best, eh?

Entertainment:

Circa Survive
Chiodos
At the Drive-In
Botch
Story of the Year

Technical Performance:
Coheed & Cambria
Quote by hardrock1315
The Bouncing Souls, no contest.

The Queers and the Loved Ones are up there too.

If Avail counts as pop-punk, they beat out everybody.

Bouncing souls rule live so does
Green Day
Rise Agianst
Sum 41
The offspring
Story of the year
Blink was ok when i saw them i liked them a lot more when they were immature and made random perverted jokes all the time
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
^Rise Against was great live, one of the best I've seen
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hmmmm very good question. I've been to see alot of live bands in this particular Genre. I would have to say first that the best live band I have ever seen is Guns N Roses, but that's obviously off the point since they are more a rock n roll band. The best live punk pop/rock/emo whatever u wanna call it band in my opinion would have to be simple plan. In all the performances they do they put on an awesome, energetic show and I've never heard them screw up once.

The statement of blink being the worst live band ever is true I guess but I think they make up for it with the energy that they brought to the stage and the humour they would use to make light of any situation from Tom's guitar cutting out to Mark smashing his head against his bass while jumping up and down like an idiot. But yeah I do agree they not too good live.

Lol sorry for draggin that out a bit, I've always got somethin else to say haha.
Oh and I reckon good charlotte rocks live as well but I liked them WAY WAY better before they went all poppish with good morning revival, I used to love them, I think they coulda been somethin real big to be remembered but now they are just another pop band
Circa Survive.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Linkin Park is the best band I've seen live. Even if you don't like them much, if you see them live it's almost impossible to say they didn't put on a good show.
Quote by IcePh0enix
Linkin Park is the best band I've seen live. Even if you don't like them much, if you see them live it's almost impossible to say they didn't put on a good show.

yeah dispite all the guitar synching they do im sure it was great
tbs are really disappointing live. well actually, i should say adam lazzara is really disappointing live.

thursday are great for the sheer intensity of their shows, even if geoff isn't the greatest live vocalist on the planet.

i agree with circa, coheed and brand new though.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Metallica sounds like their recorded version they're so good. Pretty much as good as you get without becoming britney spears
You do know what forum you're in?

Straylight run was pretty good live

p.s metallica sucks
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
You do know what forum you're in?
p.s metallica sucks

Why don't you go cut yourself in a corner...
Good one, but it doesnt change the fact you got your music taste from your dad
Beauty Supreme

Oh...my...God

Anyways which reminds Owen is great live (From what i've seen on youtube) haven't listened to Mike in forever
Beauty Supreme

Quote by waldorphPRS41
Jesse Lacey with Kevine Devine
or The Fall Of Troy

I'm going to see Coheed and Fall of Troy in a month, good to hear FOT kick ass live, I haven't stopped listening to them for the past few weeks.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by Guitarist132

there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I saw the Toy Dolls and they were brilliant

EDIT: Buzzcocks are good too.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
mxpx and the killers put on amazing shows.
and new found glory, wicked energy.

and even though i wouldn't really call myself a fan, streetlight manifesto was pretty good live.
Quote by Guitarist132

that made my day.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
ive heard Offspring is godly live.... never got a chance to see them, though.... damn shame
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Based on videos, I think Green Day is pretty good live. If this wasn't in PP&E, I'd say The Who and The Clash are the best.
I have heard that Circa is amazing live... from all my cool goddamn friends that got to go to Warped Tour and watch Circa, followed by Chiodos who apparently is also incredible live.
if it has to be in this category id say Coheed and Cambria SOMEWHAT counts.

so coheed, and the fall of troy, and circa
My Chemical Romance.

Don't shout at me for it, because I'm guessing most people have only ever seen them playing festivals or whatever, and that's not where I've seen them. If you've seen them in a venue under 1,500 capacity you'll know what I mean.

They're a pop / punk basement band from NJ, not some massive arena band.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
australian band 'You Am I' are great
Radiohead best band in history!
i still think green day's performance is flawless, but i really like Blink 182's atmoshpere and energy
Page 1 of 2