Can I install the XP that came with my dads lappy on the desktop?
They both are on the internet 4hrs+ every day so is it safe?
We've had it since xp was new, before SP1 even came out.
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Yes. If it's an authentic copy, you should have no problems anywhere.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Is it legal, no. Not unless you have a site license.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Actually, If you read in the EULA, most software, including operating systems, are allowed to run a copy on a desktop, and a laptop. Although, I'm pretty sure that means with one copy being used at a time, but they're not going to do anything about it, a thousand different people are using the same cracked CD key for windows XPSP1 off of limewire, they don't and won't do anything about it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/eula.mspx

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Software may not be used by more than one processor at any one time on any single Workstation Computer.

13. SOFTWARE TRANSFER. Internal. You may move the Software to a different Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely remove the Software from the former Workstation Computer. Transfer to Third Party. The initial user of the Software may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and Software to another end user, provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. This transfer must include all of the Software (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.

BTW, forget about a site license. It only makes sense if you have MANY computers, like for a business.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Do people actually read those EULAs?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Ok, would it perform better than WinME on this:
128MB RAM
AMD Athlon Processor ~1002Mhz
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
tough call. it probably would if it was that windows xp pro performance edition that someone made. i running that version of windows on a laptop with a PIII @ 700mhz and 256 megs of ram.

it runs quite well and i do all of my recording on it.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Linux encourages copying and sharing. And if you have 2 hard drives you can have both Linux and Windows.
I'm not sure how this helps you though.
you can install windows on any computers simaltaneously for as long as you want. it doesnt matter if the keys are the same or not but if one key breaks or you dont have "WGA" in your favor thens the time to get an illegal key
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff