Now, everyone knows about how the Mayan calender just ceases at around 2012 AD, but this link will describe it more cogently.
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm
My question is, do you actually believe that the end with take place on 12/22/12?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
20 + 12 = 32. 32 is 23 backwards. We're all f*cked.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
No I don't believe it will end in 2012. I had a weird dream a year or so ago and the world ended in either 2013 or 2032, thats my guess.
apparently its not the end on the 12/23/12. More like total enlightenment(sp?). i'll find a link...

There it is.

Not the end of the world. Just something big. WWIII perhapes? Alien contact? could be total destruction for earth...or the universe could be gone.
Last edited by Griff_Kid at Sep 15, 2007,
All it means is the end of this cycle. There have been many, many cycles, we're justing moving into a new phase. And it's actually December 23rd 2012.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Wait if they have a differnt callender to us. you know how we're in 2007 since jesus was born. 2012 probably isn't ment at our calender. could the maya already had they're 2012?
There have been many predictions of the world ending, and it has never happened. Unless if it is proven that there is a higher power governing us, I won't believe in these predictions. With the proper mathematical technique, it is very easy to predict a solar or lunar eclipse, or what date the solstices are going to take place.

If the world does cease to exist in some catastrophic event, remember that "Death is not the end, but only a transition."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Funny, I just thought about this a half hour ago, for no reason.... It's not just the Mayan calendar, it seems a lot of cultures point towards that year.
**** that. The worlds survived a massive meteor hitting it and wiping all our **** out, we aint goin nowhere.
Quote by darkstar2466
There have been many predictions of the world ending, and it has never happened. Unless if it is proven that there is a higher power governing us, I won't believe in these predictions. With the proper mathematical technique, it is very easy to predict a solar or lunar eclipse, or what date the solstices are going to take place.

If the world does cease to exist in some catastrophic event, remember that "Death is not the end, but only a transition."

What a transition to being dead?

There pretty much is no hope... unless you happen to be a Christian or religous.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
The etheopians run on a different calendar to us.. so if it did end in 2012 they would technically rule the world seeing as theyre 7 year behind us?
Quote by defleppard87
The worlds end a day before Christmas, ****ing great...

It saves me buying anyone presents that year. I'll use the money instead to get drunk before the impending doom.
I'm really curious actually

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

is the roman calander not 2 years out or something because of when jesus was born? Imagine our time and our whole lives are lived in the shadow of one long haired dude with a beard. He must have played guitar.
Actually, having read some books about it, I can safely say that the end is not coming

at 21 december 2012 (the first day of winter) the mayan calender will reach its end. The mayan calendar is made up of 5 cycles of each an approximate 5200 years (so 26000 years in total) at the moment we are at the end of the fifth cycle, so when this ends, the whole calendar will basically start over again.

The mayans believed that in 2012 everyone will be shifted into the fifth dimension, and the world will go into the age of Aquarius (We are now in the Age of Pisces) Basically we are going to reach some new kind of level of intellect, and our minds will be opened or something.

don't believe any of that 'THE END IS COMING' crap, it's not what this is about.
Quote by Stukart
Actually, having read some books about it, I can safely say that the end is not coming

at 21 december 2012 (the first day of winter) the mayan calender will reach its end. The mayan calendar is made up of 5 cycles of each an approximate 5200 years (so 26000 years in total) at the moment we are at the end of the fifth cycle, so when this ends, the whole calendar will basically start over again.

The mayans believed that in 2012 everyone will be shifted into the fifth dimension, and the world will go into the age of Aquarius (We are now in the Age of Pisces) Basically we are going to reach some new kind of level of intellect, and our minds will be opened or something.

don't believe any of that 'THE END IS COMING' crap, it's not what this is about.

That sounds pretty cool.
Quote by Stukart

Ugh i hope so. The way the world is now is just boring me.
I know, doesn't it sound great?
I wish it was true :P
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Yeah I know. The world ending would really be a let down.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Quote by zwart_gitaar
Now, everyone knows about how the Mayan calender just ceases at around 2012 AD, but this link will describe it more cogently.
My question is, do you actually believe that the end with take place on 12/22/12?

I'll be laughing on the 23rd when nothing happens and all the people who actually do believe feel like morons. So that's a no, I don't believe this ****
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

LOL! No I don't believe it. I love the "doom and gloom" morons!
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Stukart

Human Evolution? Elightenment? Could be anything. Sounds pretty sweet to me. But i'm gonna carry my shotgun around anway to be safe.
No, I don't believe anything will happen. Jehova's Witnesses have had several predictions for the end of the world. Seems like it hasn't happened. Why would some ancient calender be able to predict the end of a cycle? It wouldn't.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I seriously doubt the world will end but there's always a few nutjobs.

On a side note did anyone see that Ethiopia had there Millenium 6 days ago?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Hang on, we are about to enter the era of Picses...Picses...a Fish...Fish=water...GLOBAL WARMING??!! Are we gonna live in a world thats flooded and is crap like the film known as Waterworld???
The Mayan calender has ended lots of times before, it just means a new age is starting

Quote by Moggan13
Hang on, we are about to enter the era of Picses...Picses...a Fish...Fish=water...GLOBAL WARMING??!! Are we gonna live in a world thats flooded and is crap like the film known as Waterworld???

We better find out where that Island is!
The end of the world was already forecasted for 1984.

why are we still here.....?
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Eruption1991
The end of the world was already forecasted for 1984.

why are we still here.....?

Because all prophecies are bull****
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Oh, by the way, Ive said this in a previous topic about dying on a certain day. It doesn't make sense, cause it would mean that the entire world would die in waves, due to time differences.
Quote by darkstar2466

And here I am wondering how you got a Dream Theater quote into that

So this isnt spam, 2012 will just be a change. Could be fatal, but there are thousands more possibilities that could bring the end of the world, such as WWIII or oil crisis.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I think he will implode and cause a huge black hole sucking in anything that comes 2000cm near it...somewhat like Paris Hilton. WOOOOOOAAAHH

Sorry, I'll leave.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
The night time sky is crossed by several mathematical lines. One is the axis of the Milky Way -- the Milky Way, as you may know, being that bright band of stars you can see running across the heavens on a clear night. Another important line is the cosmological ecliptic: the axis along which the constellations travel, the line that defines coordinates in space.
So, New Age philosophers say, December 21st 2012 will be the day on which this inner cosmos is reconnected to the divine outer cosmos. The Sun will mount its unique position to form a `gateway' between the Universe and the souls of every living creature on Earth. Our linear conception of time will crumble, and with it, fear and hatred will vanish. It will be purification at it's very best, when everyone is soaked in cosmic understanding and divine love.

There you have it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
You Americans and your date format.

Since when was it logical to put the month before the date? 22/12/12, my friends.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by darkstar2466

*listens to beyond this life*

Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Have you guys looked up the Singularity Theory?

It's probably my favourite so far, but nevertheless, I will be looking out for December 2012!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by Griff_Kid
apparently its not the end on the 12/23/12. More like total enlightenment(sp?). i'll find a link...

There it is.

Not the end of the world. Just something big. WWIII perhapes? Alien contact? could be total destruction for earth...or the universe could be gone.

maybe......

i bet hitler will come back,but as a home dawg to Mc Hammer and they will release a album together called Hammer The Jews
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club