Hi, for a graphics project at college i have to research in to deaf people for a project given to us.

We need to make a leaflet to be sent through the mail telling 18-24 year old music fans that exposing them selves to loud music can permantly damage to there hearing. The message we are trying to sommunicate to them is that if people take care of there hearing now they will be able to enjoy music for years to come.

Which got me wondering:

Are there any deaf people in UG land?
OR do you know any deaf people?
how did you/they become deaf?
what is it like?
your thoughts on deafness?
How do you communication to your friends?

thank also any info on what its like to be deaf would be great! (im not asking you to do my homework i just wanted to ask UG what they think of it because this project sparked of some curiosity)

Cheers, Bens.
I wouldn't of thought there'd be many deaf people on UG as they probably can't hear music.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Are there any deaf people in UG land? Probably.
OR do you know any deaf people? Yes.
how did you/they become deaf? He was born deaf.
what is it like? ****ed if I know.
your thoughts on deafness? It's a ****.
How do you communication to your friends? With correct grammar.
It has affected my hearing.

Im now properly half deaf in one ear, It gets really annoying but im so used to it now.
Do any of you guys use hearing aids?
Do any of you use ear plugs or other types of ear defenders when playing live or rehearsing?

my brother chucks on a big pair of Racer X style ear defenders when were just jamming but live none of us use any thing.
this is a guitar website.. I don't think there willbe any deaf people here
but I guess somebody knows a deaf person

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by The_0thersid3
Hi, for a graphics project at college i have to research in to deaf people for a project given to us.

We need to make a leaflet to be sent through the mail telling 18-24 year old music fans that exposing them selves to loud music can permantly damage to there hearing. The message we are trying to sommunicate to them is that if people take care of there hearing now they will be able to enjoy music for years to come.

Which got me wondering:

Are there any deaf people in UG land?
OR do you know any deaf people?
how did you/they become deaf?
what is it like?
your thoughts on deafness?
How do you communication to your friends?

thank also any info on what its like to be deaf would be great! (im not asking you to do my homework i just wanted to ask UG what they think of it because this project sparked of some curiosity)

Cheers, Bens.

Correct spelling and grammar helps... I'm pretty sure I missed a few mistakes too.