Recorded some classical pieces on my portastudio yesterday, and it would be great hear what people think about my playing. i´m still learning the songs, but i thinks i managed to get them down fairly good!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ferrarone/

i´ll be glad to comment back
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Amelia sounds beautiful, your phrasing is excellent, and it's played very lyrically. Guardama Las Vacas is a nice piece, but it sounds the least polished of the three (it's the only one I would guess you were still learning ). Some parts aren't played cleanly, and sometimes you hesitate, but I'm sure you know that. Querido is very well phrased too, with some nice rubato. You could experiment with dynamics on the tense section, maybe a crescendo would add something, but it's possible it's got a bit compressed from recording it.

Tone wise it is very nice, my cheap computer speakers were clipping a little so it didn't do it justice really. You have a very nice guitar, but you can obviously play it too. Very good work How long have you been playing, just out of interest?
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by marmoseti
Amelia sounds beautiful, your phrasing is excellent, and it's played very lyrically. Guardama Las Vacas is a nice piece, but it sounds the least polished of the three (it's the only one I would guess you were still learning ). Some parts aren't played cleanly, and sometimes you hesitate, but I'm sure you know that. Querido is very well phrased too, with some nice rubato. You could experiment with dynamics on the tense section, maybe a crescendo would add something, but it's possible it's got a bit compressed from recording it.

Tone wise it is very nice, my cheap computer speakers were clipping a little so it didn't do it justice really. You have a very nice guitar, but you can obviously play it too. Very good work How long have you been playing, just out of interest?

thanks for great and constructive criticism!

i have just played amelia for about two weeks, but i have played much more intensly than Vacas, i just like playing it much more!
I´ll experiment a bit with querido, it´s such a nice piece as it leaves so much open for interpretation.

As for the guitar, i love it. i wasnt cheap but definatly worth it.
I´ve been playing for about 5 years now, so im no newbie anymore

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Would you like to join UG's Classical Guitarists? Since you are a rather good classical guitarist
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by marmoseti
Would you like to join UG's Classical Guitarists? Since you are a rather good classical guitarist

definatly, thanks!

I thought the amelia one sounded ausome. Great job, any chance you have a tab for it?
it's alright...I guess

kidding of course! your work is excellent, very professional. I could definitley feel the emotion of the piece portrayed in your playing
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
Quote by Shadow777
I thought the amelia one sounded ausome. Great job, any chance you have a tab for it?

ill start making one!

Wow man, I was expecting some 'ok' classical stuff but this was quite enjoyable

I listen to chamber music and classical music like this all the time...Your pieces are wonderful and out of the 3 I listened to, I'd say Amelia was the best for sure. Your phrasing and tasteful playing was awesome to hear man.

There are some things to improve on, such as occassionally you'll hit a dead note from a poor fret...but that happens to everyone so...good job

Have you taken any Royal Conservatory Music tests?...if so what lvl...I'm taking my grade 8 in classical guitar soon

Once again, awesome job

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674075
^thank you!

i havent taken any royal music tests mainly because i live in Finland, it would be hard

the dead notes are just because im still learning the pieces, have played them for about two weeks or so

Hey
Querido- Sounds good. The recording quality is pretty good also. Your timing is great

Guardama Las Vacas- getting some clipping for some reason. Mostly everything is played cleanly. Some bits seem a bit hesitant though, and not as clean. But it is still great!

Amelia- My favourite out of the 3. Still a bit of clipping though! Beautiful playing though. Very clean.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10389359#post10389359
They all sound alright. Good quality. No major mistakes. My only complaint is the way it sound when you hit the strings. It would sound amazingly better if you grew your nails out, and the majority of the notes will be played with your nails. As you venture into more challenging material, longer nails will almost be a necessity. If they are already at a good length (a good length in my opinion would be where the white end of the nail is 1/4 in.), then it's probably just the recording quality.