So I went into the guitar shop today to ask some questions.

I have a Squier Strat and a Epiphone Les Paul.

I told him I was looking for a thicker sound, and asked if he could suggest any pickups. He said it's best to go online and listen to lots of different pickups.

This is mainly for my strat, as I don't really use my LP.

I play mainly stuff like Metallica, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Guns etc - I guess I could leave Metallica and Guns to my LP but I want a thicker, more distorted sound from my Strat.

I use a Marshal DSL 401.

Any ideas of some pickups I can be looking up on the internet?

I know EMG's are good for LP's, but what should I be looking for for the Strat? I was thinking about getting a Flloyd rose too, so I might have to think about a whole new guitar...

Thanks for any input.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
well you can get emg's for a strat just have a look on their site. it just replaces the single coil that you will have just now. the problem is in strats im not sure if they would have room in the electrics for a battery pack for the emg's(their might be a way round this but it may cost a fair bit to do). emg do pickups that are passive for lp's but im not sure if they do them for strats. ive always found strats a bit light on sound, if you were looking at a new guitar that looks like a strat but has the power of emg's and a floyd rose, i would suggest a schecter c-1 hellraiser fr. it comes in at about £450. if you add new pickups and a floyd to your strat it may come to more than the value of the whole guitar, best just getting one ready made for what you want. hope this helps
I've been looking at Hot rails, Dave Murray from Iron Maiden uses them.

Also Dimarzio Pro PAF, Richie Sambora uses.

There's just so many pickups it's impossible to choose. I'll be here all week!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Change the pickguard for an HSS one - squiers are usually routed for buckers already. Then contact swineshead pickups by email and ask what they would recommend. I reckon they'll say a Warthog or Runaway for the bridge and two Dragonflys for the singles, but if moneys tight you could just get a bucker for the bridge.

Buy them
Install them
Proffit!

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Dimarzio Chopper, Tone Zone S, and Cruiser could be a good combo
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX