is it stupid setting up your rig like this for live performances:

guitar > pedals > mixer > amp

and putting all the EQ on my amp to neutral and then controlling all the EQ (such as treble, mid, bass etc) from the mixer?

i would do it like:

guitar > pedals > amp > mixer

this way, if i want to change something, i can go up to actual amp head, turn the knob, and keep playing and then, if something is still wrong, someone can alter it from the mixer.

anyway, how do people record stuff/record stuff live? small bands i mean, not professionals.
Quote by Owned
is it stupid setting up your rig like this for live performances:

guitar > pedals > mixer > amp

and putting all the EQ on my amp to neutral and then controlling all the EQ (such as treble, mid, bass etc) from the mixer?

i would do it like:

guitar > pedals > amp > mixer

this way, if i want to change something, i can go up to actual amp head, turn the knob, and keep playing and then, if something is still wrong, someone can alter it from the mixer.

anyway, how do people record stuff/record stuff live? small bands i mean, not professionals.

Yes, that would be very stupid - the mixer is there to do just that, mix. It allows you you balance the levels of all the instruments for front of house.

Its always guitar->amp->mixer

Whether you take a line out from the amp or use a mic is up to you, but nobody ever does it the other way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com