Well i only just bought my les paul but i've decided to start another "new guitar fund" where i keep adding money in until i can afford the guitar i want and so far i'm really interested in the fender deluxe players strat. Simply because i was struck by the sheer look of it at my local guitar centre.

However i need to know how well it plays, any pros or cons of this particular model i have no idea how well the fender series play apart from squiers suck. So yea any comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sorry, American Deluxe or the 'Standard', Mexican Deluxe?

Either way, they're nice enough guitars, but worth paying more when you can get a Classic Players Strat? Not so sure.
Even Lower end Fenders are good. I Have played a Mex Standard Strat, and it plays nicely.And a Player's strat has an extra switchon it, and gives u more pickup combos (All three at once, Bridge and Neck). seems like a good deal. Has a 12" radius instead of a 9.5".

If u like Jack White tho, save a little more and get an Airline like his.
It's a MIM Strat and at low volumes, the Vintage Noiseless PUs sound puny ... cranked, much better (Fender tube amp). The Ash body, gold harware looks very nice, and obviously the Ash makes it pretty articulate. I like the flat fretboard (12" radius?) for bends.

Nice bang for the $$$ but I'd wait for a humongous Holiday-type sale if I were to buy one.

I love my American Deluxe (but that might be out of your price range). I use it for everything except heavy metal which is where I use my Ibanez.
Last edited by AluminumOxide at Sep 15, 2007,
The Classic Players are much much better for the price IMO.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by qotsa1998
Even Lower end Fenders are good. I Have played a Mex Standard Strat, and it plays nicely.And a Player's strat has an extra switchon it, and gives u more pickup combos (All three at once, Bridge and Neck). seems like a good deal. Has a 12" radius instead of a 9.5".

If u like Jack White tho, save a little more and get an Airline like his.

I'd hardly call a Deluxe Players strat low end, tbh. The only low end guitars Fender make are the cheapo-vision Squiers, which could be counted as not actually Fender.

And does this guy really need to pretend to be Jack White? Let him find his own style, please

TS, defo go for the Classic Player's strat. You save like £80, for what? Pickups with writing on them and a coil tap/split (help, olol) which you can always incorporate later on?

And Carrot, You know it.