My 15R is broken, but I still want to practise with an amp, I have a Marshall MG100HDFX head, but no cab, it says not to use without loudspeaker connected, but would I be able to use it with headphones?
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
You shouldn't really use ANY amp head, tube or solid state, without a speaker or dummy load. And why on earth did you buy a head when you didn't have a cab, thats just stupid - you should have just saved up for a combo. But obviously you wanted a teh pwnz0rz uberhalfstack.

And sorry, but MGs DO suck
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Obviously... I can't afford a cab at the moment, I'm building it up over time. And doesn't the headphone socket with headphones plugged in override the speaker?
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by Exsuratientoel
Obviously... I can't afford a cab at the moment, I'm building it up over time. And doesn't the headphone socket with headphones plugged in override the speaker?

Dunno, it's your amp, read the manual and see what it has to say about it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
can you return the head?

you cant use it without the speaker. it even says so in the manual.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hell no... I'm going to be getting a cab soon, I just can't afford it at the moment.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
^ But it's a bad a bad head and a bad cab, return the head and just save up more?

Although your sig tells me you're not going to agree
I read the manual of my Ashdown FA60 yesterday (I'll pick it up monday or tuesday) and it said "WARNING - Never run the amplifier without a speaker connected as this will damage the output transformer."
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I know tube amps are much better & if I could afford one I would buy one but as I can't plus MG's with a decent overdrive pedal sound ****ing brilliant, I'm sticking with it.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by philipisabeast
^ But it's a bad a bad head and a bad cab, return the head and just save up more?

Although your sig tells me you're not going to agree

He's right though,
Marshall MG's DON'T SUCK.
THEY REALLY REALLY suck.

He's only young I'm guessing, plenty of time to develop the perfect tone his ears will look for.
Stick him/her infront of a Marshall JCM600-800-900-2000 or and Orange Tuber of anysort & it'll switch his mind quick.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I've been stuck in front of a JCM800 before & they're ****ing awesome, but I'm young & retarded so I'm using an MG.

Obviously
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by Chips-
...as this will damage the output transformer."

but transformers are just robots in disguise...
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Mg's don't suck... I had the mothership of bad amps, the Mg10cd. and It's perfectly fine, but I wouldn't put down more than 150$ for an MG. but I'd try with headphones, because I can't see anything bad happening with your amp. And if it breaks return it. But dude, you gotta learn how to save your money.
You will soon learn that MG's do not sound awesome and that their OD is crap, with no difference from a nice OD in front of it

But hey it wont be me loaded with that

Quote by RentACar
Mg's don't suck... I had the mothership of bad amps, the Mg10cd. and It's perfectly fine, but I wouldn't put down more than 150$ for an MG. but I'd try with headphones, because I can't see anything bad happening with your amp. And if it breaks return it. But dude, you gotta learn how to save your money.

The Marshall MG Head+ Stack = £180 + £170 =£350

For that he could get a 2X12 Peavey Valveking if he want's big and loud, or a nice valve Laney

When you put it like that, they are teh suxorz
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 15, 2007,
MG10CD is possibly the worst Marshall ever made. I'm not going to risk switching on without headphones unless someone can guarantee me that it wont damage it. But it looks like there isn't a way, except to plug in a cab.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
There isn't a way you can prevent damage to it without using a cab. But why wait? Just turn it on and blow it up, you'll be glad you did later.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
There isn't a way you can prevent damage to it without using a cab. But why wait? Just turn it on and blow it up, you'll be glad you did later.

Damn straight.

Or sell the MG's, 2 of the guitars you don't want, and maybe the pedal, and buy an Orange or a Plexi.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I probably would, except the 2 guitars I would sell are worth about $5.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by Exsuratientoel
I know tube amps are much better & if I could afford one I would buy one but as I can't plus MG's with a decent overdrive pedal sound ****ing brilliant, I'm sticking with it.

lol using a tubescreamer with an MG would suck. overdrive is for tube man!