Just a quick question.
With the major pentatonic, is the first position the one with its root note, from its relative minor?
For example, would i take the C form of the A Minor Pentatonic and go from there?

Hope it makes sense

db
That works.

Or you can just play it as if you were playing in the relative minor.

For example, if your chord progression is in... say F major, you could just use the box for D minor pentatonic.
Yeah, i just wanted to branch out into the Major side of things is all, coz i always go minor. Sometimes it just gets depressing lol.
the minor pent and maj pent both contain the same notes as they both have the same parent scales,
take Cmajor pent,
-8-10-
-8-10-
-7-9--
-7-9--
-7-10-
-8-10-
this is the 2nd position of the am pentatonic,
this pattern continues, the 3rd postition of the am pent = the 2nd of the Cmaj pent etc.
Basiclly if your playing in Am pentatonic its realitive scale is Cmaj, just move your root note for the Am pentatonic down 3 frets (5th,4th,3rd) so the 3rd fret 6th string becomes your root for the Cmaj pentatonic. So Cmaj and Gmin are the same exact thing except for which notes are emphasised. Hope this helps.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Read about chords, and you should understand this.
"The end result - the music - is all that counts"
Quote by libriumbum
the minor pent and maj pent both contain the same notes as they both have the same parent scales,
take Cmajor pent,
-8-10-
-8-10-
-7-9--
-7-9--
-7-10-
-8-10-
this is the 2nd position of the am pentatonic,
this pattern continues, the 3rd postition of the am pent = the 2nd of the Cmaj pent etc.

so does that make the last position of the Cmajpent the first of the Aminor Pent?