philipisabeast
1,832 IQ
Hey i'm looking to get hold of a couple of cds by Buddy Guy, i've only heard a few songs [It feels like rain and Damn right i've got the blues] and i really want to get some more

But are there any like, seminal albums that are recommended listening?

chrisatgrace
I've got two legs
2,848 IQ
i would suggest getting Buddy's Baddest the greatest hits cd. it has a really representative samples, and is a great cd. on the cd theres a really cool song with johnny lang called "midnight train".
Too cool for a signature.
Jamingguitarist
2,374 IQ
my favorite cds are these

1. Bring em' in
2. Feels Like Rain
3. Heavy Love

and i actualy love all his cds but those are my top favorites
|
aetherspear
UG's producer/DJ
1,277 IQ
Quote by Jamingguitarist
my favorite cds are these

1. Bring em' in
2. Feels Like Rain
3. Heavy Love

and i actualy love all his cds but those are my top favorites

wow those are by far my least favorite, way more pop stuff and not as bluesy. different tastes i guess. I like Slippin in, Sweet Tea, Stone Crazy, and Live: the real deal. also check out all the records with him and junior wells.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
speckley
I suck at drums.
52 IQ
Buddy Guy and Junior Wells 'Alone and Acoustic' is my favorite.
blues....
Bling Dogg
The Man
1,265 IQ
Quote by aetherspear
wow those are by far my least favorite, way more pop stuff and not as bluesy. different tastes i guess. I like Slippin in, Sweet Tea, Stone Crazy, and Live: the real deal. also check out all the records with him and junior wells.

I agree. My favorites are similar to the ones posted by aetherspear:
Sweet Tea, Stone Crazy, Slippin In, Live: The Real Deal. I also recommend Damn Right I Got the Blues. Try to get at least one of those albums if you can.

I have those albums and some others, but those are my favorites. I never heard Buddy's Baddest (greatest hits album), but it could be a good place to start to get an overall idea about him.

He's an amazing guitarist. My favorite blues guitarist actually, tied with Albert King.
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Sep 16, 2007,
Derek <3's You!
Banned
226 IQ
Quote by chrisatgrace
i would suggest getting Buddy's Baddest the greatest hits cd. it has a really representative samples, and is a great cd. on the cd theres a really cool song with johnny lang called "midnight train".

I own that CD also, and this fellow tells the truth. I was stuck between a $50 discography or hit greatest hits. I will go back and get the discography soon, but pick this up, worth every penny.
Dr. No
UG Addict
587 IQ
I don't have anything to contribute to this thread other than Buddy Guy is so underrated. He rips. He even shreds occasionally.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
matt92l
not a registered user....
177 IQ

look at that for guitar.Genius
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
claptonfan55
Bluesius Maximus
408 IQ
get some of his early stuff from the Chess label, and A Man and the Blues from the Vanguard label. it's all really good.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton