Basically I want an Ibanez RG for more heavy sounding tones but don't know what to go for. I have a budget of £500. I liked the look of the RG1570 and it seems to have got decen reviews on here.

Why i am asking is because I don't know the difference between them all.

cheers
I love my RG1570
A pickup change it's a wonderful guitar, but the stock pickups are still manageable
rg1570 is one of the best rgs for that price definitaly...with a pickup change of course, i was pretty close to buying one but went for the ibanez xiphos instead.
yeah i also wanna know what pickups for like nu metal / thrash
my rg1570 on the way too =D
I put in a Dimarzio Tonezone in the bridge [boosts everything and gives a good distortion/lead/stand out sort of tone] which alot of people use [but hey no one i know personally does] and a Dimarzio breed in the neck for smooth darker leads and also to match the output of the TZ

The DM site has a pretty good pickup selector that can help you
how about the ever popular Rg437402137481230748273427342093473
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by k00kie M0nster
funkbass369 you beat me to it! damn you!

haha i knew someone else would end up saying that.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Bloody hell Ibanez have very few guitars actually and their numbers arent that complicated, definately not as complicated at the Gibson super classic goddess supremes or whatever they're calling them now.
I easily memorise the RGs people would want, anyway the 1570 or the 2550 would be the ones differences are, the 2550 has a pickguard and sharktooth inlays, as well as different colours, and the 1570 is dot inlays no pickguard mirage red or blue finish, both HSH set-up and the 1570 is cheaper.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Bloody hell Ibanez have very few guitars actually and their numbers arent that complicated, definately not as complicated at the Gibson super classic goddess supremes or whatever they're calling them now.
I easily memorise the RGs people would want, anyway the 1570 or the 2550 would be the ones differences are, the 2550 has a pickguard and sharktooth inlays, as well as different colours, and the 1570 is dot inlays no pickguard mirage red or blue finish, both HSH set-up and the 1570 is cheaper.

Yep thats all it is

The 2550 is just front routed, different stock pickups [still not fab though] and basically fancier

And yeah the numbers are pretty damn easy to remember
1570 with pickup upgrade if you want a trem, rga121 with pickup upgrade if you don't.

2570/2550 would also be worth a look if you prefer the cosmetics, but be advised that the extra cash is basically for cosmetics, and a bit nicer pickups (which you can change on the 1570 to pickups of your choice with the money you've saved).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
RGR1570 because of the reverse headstock and because the 1570's are fugly. $50 more, so it's on you.
Quote by philipisabeast
Yep thats all it is

The 2550 is just front routed, different stock pickups [still not fab though] and basically fancier

And yeah the numbers are pretty damn easy to remember

I believe (I may be wrong) that it isnt actually front routed, but I'm not sure, it probably is now
^ Hrm well it may still have the pickguard but be rear routed, but it doesn't really matter - it still has the pickguard

And is there any benefit of having a reverse headstock? or is it just looks
Quote by funkbass369
how about the ever popular Rg437402137481230748273427342093473

I prefer the RG3892635620346453FMDX to be honest.
Quote by Colgate Total
I prefer the RG3892635620346453FMDX to be honest.

that's also a very good one. the neck on that one is so slim.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
No, it's fairley simple how to distinguise Ibanez types, Rg3xx are the lower end trmolo RGs RG1xxx are the prestige and RG5xx are the old kick ass ones, they rarely stray from this unless they're liek the RGAs which are hardtail.
Quote by philipisabeast
And is there any benefit of having a reverse headstock? or is it just looks

from what i hear, it makes the bass strings slightly looser, and the treble strings slightly tighter.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
from what i hear, it makes the bass strings slightly looser, and the treble strings slightly tighter.

That would make sense actually, and i've heard some mention of that, which is why it would say make sense on the current non-trem Gilbert ibanez's, but the 1570's have locking nuts? That'd just make it a cosmetic thing no?

A good looking one admittedly
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I believe (I may be wrong) that it isnt actually front routed, but I'm not sure, it probably is now

550s are front routed.

770dx and 760dx are the rear routed ibanez's with pickguards.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
No, it's fairley simple how to distinguise Ibanez types, Rg3xx are the lower end trmolo RGs RG1xxx are the prestige and RG5xx are the old kick ass ones, they rarely stray from this unless they're liek the RGAs which are hardtail.

I'll teach you how it goes
(this only goes for rgs) All the other current models stray since they are all made in korea (including prestige S if you did not know)
1xx (Korean with non floyd trem)
2xx (very rare but korean)
3x0 (korean with floyd)
3x1 (korean hardtail)
4xx (Japanese with lotrs)
4x1 (japanese hardtail very rare)
5xx (Japanese with floyd)
6xx (Japanese made only for Japanese retail)
7xx (high end models. Come with the works cosmetic wise)
8xxx (J customs)
1xxx (lowest level prestige)
2xxx (prestige with extra cosmetics)

(pickup configurations)
x1x (single hb)
x2x (dual hb)
x3x (SSS)
x4x (hss)
x5x (hsh front route)
x6x (hss)
x65 (HS)
x7x (hsh rear route)
^ edit function is your friend.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
UG crashes when ever a post longer than a paragraph is done outside of the post quick reply box
including edits.
Quote by philipisabeast
That would make sense actually, and i've heard some mention of that, which is why it would say make sense on the current non-trem Gilbert ibanez's, but the 1570's have locking nuts? That'd just make it a cosmetic thing no?

A good looking one admittedly

apparently the locking nut doesn't affect it, but i agree that that sounds somewhat counter-intuitive.

Quote by Ibanez20th
UG crashes when ever a post longer than a paragraph is done outside of the post quick reply box
including edits.

yep, happens to me too, i generally copy and paste everything i want to post into the quick reply box...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
apparently the locking nut doesn't affect it, but i agree that that sounds somewhat counter-intuitive.

yep, happens to me too, i generally copy and paste everything i want to post into the quick reply box...

you taught me the trick dave. So now when ever I use a quote I just type my answer then copy hit back button and put it in quick reply box.
^ yep! every so often you forget, though, and it's generally a monster post when you do...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
edge pro II... o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think it's an older model... the edge pro II is the giveaway, i think... most newer budget ibanezes have the edge III...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?