I want to spray Paint my strings black but i don't no if it will rub or on my fingers or neck.
I o you can buy them but i id rather do t myself.
They will sound and feel like ****.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
that is THE most retarded idea ive ever heard
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
that is THE most retarded idea ive ever heard

'Member of the official Biffy Clyro Fanclub. PM onlyonehere to join'

LOL!!! You seriously shouldn't even be playing after posting THAT.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by SystemOVADown
ok thanks every1 ill just leave them

YOUR NOT WELCOME...idiot

Edit-i was just kidding by the way
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Sep 15, 2007,
Quote by funkbass369
YOUR NOT WELCOME...idiot

Whoa calm down with the flaming. Though I don't think the idea was properly thought out, we need people like this for invention for our instrument. Without people coming up with new ideas we might still all be playing double bass and probably not be heard properly.

So everybody just chill. This guy had an idea. Because it wasn't practical doesn't mean we have to take the piss out of him.
To the TS, yes the DR black beauties will be your best bet. They sound great and look good and last reasonably well. (and as an aside, they look great if you have a red or white bass, and not bad on other colours as well).

The other issue with the spray painting other than sounding and feeling like **** is that no matter how high the quality of the paint, its going to start to flake off rather quickly, esp if you are a pick player. For the money you would spend on black spray paint and the strings, you're almost at the cost of a set of DRs.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
Whoa calm down with the flaming. Though I don't think the idea was properly thought out, we need people like this for invention for our instrument. Without people coming up with new ideas we might still all be playing double bass and probably not be heard properly.

So everybody just chill. This guy had an idea. Because it wasn't practical doesn't mean we have to take the piss out of him.

thanks and ps: people im not a retard
Quote by shut_up_you_***

Yeah, but what gets me are when people have a rather simple idea and they come in thinking they're the first to think of it (NSG?). TS, do you think there's a reason you've never seen anyone spraypaint strings? If you had seen it, you wouldn't have asked. I'm all for innovation, but I'm more for good, more-than-2-seconds-of-thought-put-into-it ideas.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, but what gets me are when people have a rather simple idea and they come in thinking they're the first to think of it (NSG?). TS, do you think there's a reason you've never seen anyone spraypaint strings? If you had seen it, you wouldn't have asked. I'm all for innovation, but I'm more for good, more-than-2-seconds-of-thought-put-into-it ideas.

Fitzy you're obviously just not up to date with all these new avant-garde bass players.

Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I didn't see the TS think he was the first to think of the idea. He was simply asking if it would be a good idea, and it isn't. Would you all rather he did it without asking about it and mess up his strings?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I didn't see the TS think he was the first to think of the idea. He was simply asking if it would be a good idea, and it isn't. Would you all rather he did it without asking about it and mess up his strings?

I don't think I'd be the only person to simply respond with 'yes'.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Dinkydaisy

As long as he took pictures.
wisdom is the art of applying knowledge in a way that builds people up, rather than chopping them down. you can be a critic, or you can be a teacher. <spam>