Hey people..

Me and a friend of mine recently started a band. He plays drums and I play guitar. We already have a friend who plays base who we can ask to play for us.

The thing is.. that my friend sucks b@lls at drums and we need a really easy (on the drumming side) song that we can cover.
((Even mosty greenday stuff is too hard for him))

Please give me your suggestions.
Dont worry too much about the guitar parts. I should be able to play most stuff.
BASS.
How long has the drummer been playing?
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
lol swing life away - rise against

if he can't play quarter notes on a bass drum, then kick him out till he gets better
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Drummers been playin for about a year but he doesn't have a drum set and doesn't take lessons..

(Sory bout te spalling mistaik on Bass)
you even spell in a correction wrong u chuffing noob.

he doesn't have a drum kit, how can he be a drummer then?
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
White Stripe's stuff should be what you're looking for.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by bikerboyjosh
you even spell in a correction wrong u chuffing noob.

he doesn't have a drum kit, how can he be a drummer then?

It waz dun on purpus duma$$.. Anyway, I havn't got an answer for the drum question.
It's okay about the mistake.
Yeah white stripes stuff.
He can play a simple bass snare pop beat you can do a bit more adventerous stuff.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
so i'm a 'dumbass' when i can spell, and am not childish enough to mis-spell on purpose. yeah right.

so you don't have an answer, so your not really in a band then are you, you have no drummer
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
lol swing life away - rise against

if he can't play quarter notes on a bass drum, then kick him out till he gets better

I didnt think swing life away had a drum part... or a bass part, i thought it was just Tim playing acoustic.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by bikerboyjosh
so i'm a 'dumbass' when i can spell, and am not childish enough to mis-spell on purpose. yeah right.

so you don't have an answer, so your not really in a band then are you, you have no drummer

So must I force him to buy a drum set??
We still get time to play at school events and sometimes at our church we do praise and worship.
Quote by Broken_Pickup
Drummers been playin for about a year but he doesn't have a drum set and doesn't take lessons..

Then how did he learn to play?!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
bass.
write your own songs. my band has yet to do one cover
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Replace him with a metranome (I probably masscred spelling that)
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Spay
Replace him with a metranome (I probably masscred spelling that)

Not as much as you massacred the word massacred.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by cubs
seven nation army - the white stripes

+20942903 this should be every bands first song,sure it isn't complicated,but you can find out if you guys can play together quickly and easily this way
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by break-me-in
Then how did he learn to play?!

He used to take lessons, for like four months..

He didn't learn much though.
Quote by Broken_Pickup
He used to take lessons, for like four months..

He didn't learn much though.

I'm surprised he even calls himself a drummer. Get a different drummer and get a bassist for definite. Then practice.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I think the part everyone really is concerned with is how does someone without drums play drums? Does he tap on a table?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
This band isn't going to get far with him then. He should have learned alot more than simple bass snare stuff in 4 months. Even if he couldn't do some of the exercises in the lessons he should have been listening to the teacher so that way he can then at least learn in his own time so if its been a year and thats all he still knows, he sucks.

(to the guy above) You can actually learn to play drums without playing drums. Before my exams a few years ago i didn't have access to drums at home so i just sat and tapped on my legs and pretending to do bass and hi hats with my foot. It sounds stupid but it can work it just turned into a bad habit where i tap on tables etc and annoy people now
Last edited by pa182 at Sep 15, 2007,
I agree with the few people that said don't even bother with covers. Write your own original stuff, learn to play off of each other. Then do some covers (maybe) to just have fun with it.

But 7 Nation Army is a great place to start if your just looking to get better chemistry.
Nikolas
Quote by merfsullivan
I think the part everyone really is concerned with is how does someone without drums play drums? Does he tap on a table?

Pretty much..
The school and our church has one though.