When you're playing guitar, do you ever get the real feel?
It's hard to explain, but sometimes when im playing i just tend to go crazy :P It's so ****ing fun =) It's like you feel the music, and you move around like an idiot :P But its' still a great feeling.

Anyone else had this? =)
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
When I play things with a nice constant drone to it, it just makes me sway.
Yea, it's like when you're playing Guitar Hero and you rack up the points on the meter and you go the star-mode or whatever it is.

Just kidding. I know what you mean.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by wyldelife
It's hard to explain, but sometimes when im playing i just tend to go crazy :P It's so ****ing fun =) It's like you feel the music, and you move around like an idiot :P But its' still a great feeling.

Anyone else had this? =)

I know what you're talking about, you just stop thinking. The music takes over.
Sometimes after warming up for about an hour and a half or two, I start really -really- getting into it. Just start playing some improv, good or bad, you really just start jumping around and stuff, getting into the feel of it.

I get it, and it's an awesome feeling.
yeah, I have moments like that
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder
I know another racially insensitive scientific term. "Dark matter." Science, please! Dark people do matter!

Quote by InvaderTSN
What is this.....sarcasm? Some form of french toast?
Ye.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
it's a fantastic feeling...the best part of playing the guitar if you ask me...that point where where every note is coming completely from the heart...i love it
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
i like getting deep into a jam...feel the emotion if thats what you mean?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by RageAgainst...
it's a fantastic feeling...the best part of playing the guitar if you ask me...that point where where every note is coming completely from the heart...i love it

+1 my good man

also music is a reflection of the soul so its about what mood youre in

im gonna go and have an epic jam with myself now....right after some pr0n....in case any of you care
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
the sweeyest feeling off all time... love it
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
Quote by Jbar
Sometimes after warming up for about an hour and a half or two, I start really -really- getting into it. Just start playing some improv, good or bad, you really just start jumping around and stuff, getting into the feel of it.

I get it, and it's an awesome feeling.

i love that feeling
Quote by unplugtheradio

i dub thee, Knight of Asskickery.

that is amazing

Quote by human-blasphamy
i like my nether regions shaved down till there soft as a babys ass. Cause thats where there going.

The Day Cas Pwnd UG.
Quote by Alreddyded
0mgz Br00tal Gh0st!11!11
Quote by wyldelife

Anyone else had this? =)

Were you by any means on the wrong side of a line of coke when you felt it???

Nah, man just joking, I know what you're talking about. Its usually the best time to start writing music or to experiment with a solo because you can just feel the emotion with each note. Each note seems to just fall into place.
Yes. Every time we have band practice, about 30min in I'll get in that "zone" you're talking about. It's almost like magic. It doesn't even feel like you're playing anymore, the music is just flowing out of your guitar at the touch of your fingers. You can walk around and jump and do about anything and you won't screw up because you're in the "zone".

Usually I have to play for a few min. before I can get to that. The only other way it happens is when the whole band harmonizes perfectly, it's the most amazing thing ever.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by wyldelife

Anyone else had this? =)

usually happens once or twice a week for me, awesomest feeling ever
Oh yeah, I love those moments. Yesterday I had one and I went into a 45 minutes solo with that feeling all the time, definitely best moment of the week.
I was had that same feeling last night, I wrote so many new licks it was ridiculous. (I got really paraniod at one point, I could have sworn I wasn't by myself and that it wasn't me playing everything.)
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
I'm starting to feel it a lot more, especially when I'm playing extreme metal.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
lol yea when i learn a new riff or w/e i feel pumped. i usually practice in my room with the door locked cause i wanna be able to play and do stupid **** so i wont look like a robot when i do perform for ppl
Yeah after I play for a while and I start to feel I'm playing I'll usually start jumping around and kinda throwing my guitar around while playing. Sometimes I'll lose my balance and fall to the ground, and keep playing. It's awesome.
ever play along to a song and get really into it? its good to feel that
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin from How The West Was Won is an AWESOME song to get that feeling with. 23 minutes of passion (which the rest of the album is as well though)
I used to dribble when I soloed...rock 'n roll baby!

It is a fantastic feeling when you really 'get' into a song you are playing.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
i had this feeling a few times the 1st time i dropped my guitar broke it 2nd time i was playing guitar hero

then another time i snapped 3 strings from a strum while acting Like and Idiot.

But its fun.
i perosonally think that music is expression and the feeling happens on a different level for everyone because we all get something different out of playing.

if music is expression then it depends how your felling at the time when you play. an if you're playing that gives you a chance to share it.
yeah, sometimes... i call it the "daron malakian-feelin"
You like it
I know exacly what you mean
even tough some people say it sounds like sh*t it feels great

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I love that feeling you get every now and again where everything just sounds 10x better than usual
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
It happens most to me when I play my favorite songs. They usually have harmonies.
For example: "She-wolf" - Megadeth.

The ending should have been longer.
I get that feeling everytime i pcik up my bass. I get so worked up i jump around and smash things and knock over cups of tea...
do any of you do vox? the same thing happens when me and my friend scream in harmony...we go crazy like i can hold a note twice as long...its great! like a second wind...and i scream so much better for like an hour afterwards...