Just got myself the Digitech Death Metal pedal. Very impressive sound.

Now, if you would be so kind, and post the values/settings you use on the pedal. Thanks.

PS: Yes, I have tried the settings written in the manual.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
^ take it back and get a DS-1, it sounds horrible
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I bought mine in the beginning of the year. I connect it to a Fender amp (Fender Champion). On the amp I have Treble maxed up and Bass and Mid are low. Gain is on 0, making it an acoustic sound. Then, I have my Digitech DDM (Death Metal) on these settings:

Level: Around 12 o clock or higher (Middle or higher)
Low: Between 9 o clock to 12 o clock, usually 11 o clock (almost middle)
Mid: 7-8 o clock (minimum amount - only a little bit)
High: Around 10-11 o clock (almost middle)

(12 o clock is in the middle, 9 o clock is a quarter, 3 o clock is three quarters etc. The red lines that are around the buttons points out each position...)

Having your amp set to acoustic/gain=0 will allow you to switch between acoustic and distorted only by pushing the Digitech DDM pedal.
Oh, and buy a new pedal.

I also have the Boss Metal Core (ML-2), but the sound kinda sucks coming out of my amps (Marshall DFX-15 & Laney LX-12). Yes, I know, I need a better amp.
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
I tried a new setting, which sounds best to me. You know in the instructions book there are four different settings. I don't have my Digitech Death Metal at hoome right now, but think it was the third setting.
I think that's the rectifier setting, no?
Myspace Streaming Only

No, it's like this:

Level: 11 o clock
Low: 11 o clock
Mid: 9 o clock
High: 1 o clock

Approx. When I use this setting, I have my amp on clean.
Yeah, um this pedal is like awsome...but some good settings are kinda hard to dial in. The first day i got this pedal i sat there for like hour trying to dial it in......then suddenly...it happened! when you solo it sounds good with some early Avenged Sevenfold....like waking the fallen.....but the setting i use is
level 9 o clock
low 1 o clock
middle 12 o clock
high 5 o clock
like vikingmetalhead.....i use this on a clean channel....it sounds awsome.......but what you put in can be altered by your amp. I use marshal so i know its good......but if you use some low end amp then it won't sound good......but enjoy.
high 5 oclock
Last edited by Jordan-xero at Oct 24, 2008,
what would be good metallica settings with the death metal pedal? like fade to black or orion.
Quote by ssguitar

DS-1 sounds horrible too.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by VikingMetalhead
I bought mine in the beginning of the year. I connect it to a Fender amp (Fender Champion). On the amp I have Treble maxed up and Bass and Mid are low. Gain is on 0, making it an acoustic sound. Then, I have my Digitech DDM (Death Metal) on these settings:

Level: Around 12 o clock or higher (Middle or higher)
Low: Between 9 o clock to 12 o clock, usually 11 o clock (almost middle)
Mid: 7-8 o clock (minimum amount - only a little bit)
High: Around 10-11 o clock (almost middle)

(12 o clock is in the middle, 9 o clock is a quarter, 3 o clock is three quarters etc. The red lines that are around the buttons points out each position...)

Having your amp set to acoustic/gain=0 will allow you to switch between acoustic and distorted only by pushing the Digitech DDM pedal.

That must be rape of the ears.

Like the 2nd poster said though, just keep experimenting. Start off with a flat EQ, everything at the stock settings. Then play a bit and add where you need to and remove what you don't like.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I love threads bumped from over a year ago.

I didn't even notice! Lol.

Quote by Jordan-xero
Yeah, um this pedal is like awsome...but some good settings are kinda hard to dial in. The first day i got this pedal i sat there for like hour trying to dial it in......then suddenly...it happened! when you solo it sounds good with some early Avenged Sevenfold....like waking the fallen.....but the setting i use is
level 9 o clock
low 1 o clock
middle 12 o clock
high 5 o clock

like vikingmetalhead.....i use this on a clean channel....it sounds awsome.......but what you put in can be altered by your amp. I use marshal so i know its good......but if you use some low end amp then it won't sound good......but enjoy.
high 5 oclock

Something tells me he has the MG10KK 10w practice amp that Kerry King endorses lol...

One more edit. Those settings must also sound like rape of the ears LOL.
Quote by sargasm
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Nov 3, 2008,
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
I didn't even notice! Lol.

Me too!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I'm not sure he has much ears left to rape.

Try setting the gain to zero first, tweak till you get a nice eq sound then gradually add gain.

It sounds like you're simply trying to bring down the house. What amp are you using?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by ragingkitty
I'm not sure he has much ears left to rape.

Try setting the gain to zero first, tweak till you get a nice eq sound then gradually add gain.

It sounds like you're simply trying to bring down the house. What amp are you using?

If he's proud of that Marshall and boasting about how that makes him superior to someone who doesn't have a "Marshall," he's way WAY too far gone for saving.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
If he's proud of that Marshall and boasting about how that makes him superior to someone who doesn't have a "Marshall," he's way WAY too far gone for saving.

OK I just had a look at the gear in your profile. You need a new amp. Period.

And Ortega1... just saw your post. Those aren't very GAIN-ish songs, you'll need to dial back on the gain for fade to black and orion. You WON'T even need a Death Metal pedal to play those songs. Even a distortion would be more than sufficient. In fact, an overdrive pedal with higher gain settings should be better, since you don't need a hard clip for those songs.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
OK I just had a look at the gear in your profile. You need a new amp. Period.

Your seat on the band wagon must be nice and warm.
Quote by sargasm
i just got a marshall jcm100! that pedal sucks. i hate it now. get rid of ****ty pedals and invest in a good amp.
Dime it. That's how you get the best tone out of that b1tch.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
So can anyone continue this thread?

I have a Gibson SG Menace guitar, pretty nice and pretty good, especially for metal and stuff like that. I used to have a Peavey Rage 158 amp that I've heard sounds good with this pedal on the clean channel, but it fell over one time with the cord in it and messed up the input jack, so I can't use it anymore=( (unless someone knows how to fix that?) so I got an Eleca EG-20T amp from a friend, and this Digitech Death Metal Pedal. Problem is, this pedal sounds like **** to me through the clean channel on the amp, so I need some help with the settings, I don't have the little book so can someone please post the recommended settings from Digitech? Also, would it be good to put the speaker from Peavey amp and wire it into the Eleca amp, or would that not effect the tone?
For me that was the worst pedal ever. I tried it thru a fender champ and it was so noisy I had to turn it off and play clean. Your is better I hope.
Quote by ssguitar

Great idea. Trade one **** pedal for a slightly better **** pedal.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I hate when people trash talk pedals. Some people like this, some people like that. Bleh

Anyway, I play a HH strat clone into a BH15-112 (sovtec LPS 12ax7/JJ el84) and LOVE this pedal. I had an rp350 until today and sold it ($40 at a pawn shop. Lol) to pick this up ($40 used) and it is fantastic. The only effects I liked on the rp350 was the death metal emulator and the digital delay. I typically liked 90% low, 5% mid, 75% high with the rp350 (although it certainly does this pedal no justice.)

With the real DDM, I am still playing. It is definately different (better)

Also picked up a Dunlop Cry Baby today (also $40) to add to the bad monkey (modded "badder monkey" style). I am not sure if I will be using the monkey with the DDM, but plan to keep it to use with other pedals or for straight tube distortion. Probably going to get a distx after I change to a LP.

Back to the points I wanted to make, the DDM is very hard to find the perfect spot, and it is overly gain-y, but it is a good pedal for someone who is looking for this sound. If you don't like this, then get something else. Don't have to bust on people who do like it.

I will probably be getting a fuzz pedal to feed into the monkey as a 2nd tone. On the rp350, I liked the Big Pi fuzz thingie. *shrug*

Can't wait to play with the DDM more. I just know I will find something epic in there somewhere. Oh yeah, and rebumping old threads again, ftw
Agile 2800 Baritone (Crunchy Rail bridge/Fat Pat Neck) or Douglas WRL 590 -> MXR Super Comp -> -> MXR M108 EQ -> Peavey 5150 212 (Eminence Redcoat Gov) or Bugera V5
I kept on tweaking but one thing I know is that the HIGH should be turned to 11 (I mean 11 as if the lowest dial, which is the 7 o' clock, is 1, so the 11 is the one at the max). Try and get a tube amp.