Hi people, you're always helping me
Now, I have a problem (yes, again). Look, I really love my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, it has a beautifull sound and looks great, but it's really hard to play last frets, and it don't have good cleans. So birthday is comming up (5 days) and I gonna get 200$ (i'm pour). So i want to get a Stratocaster. I'm looking for a Yamaha Pacifica 112 Sunburst on a local store and it's GREAT, i love it really. And the other option is a guy trading me my Epiphone Les Paul Standard + 180 bucks, for his MIM Fender Stratocaster Standard with some pickup changes: Texas on neck and middle pickups and a DP182 DIMARZIO on the bridge pickup.
I have some pics of the guitar (is a 2002 or 2003 guitar i think, for serial number):

Also the Yamaha Pacifica:

Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
get the fender, not the pacific
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
A strat is worth the same as your Epiphone. If the guy were to trade without asking for extra cash (well, maybe 50 dollars or less) then it would be worth it. Otherwise, no. If you love your les paul, keep it and get the Yamaha.

Or rewire your les paul for a coil tap function. That might give you a clearer sound for cleans. You'll save 190 dollars, too.
Quote by sashki
A strat is worth the same as your Epiphone

Is the same even counting the Pickup Changes?

Quote by sashki
Or rewire your les paul for a coil tap function. That might give you a clearer sound for cleans. You'll save 190 dollars, too.

If i keed the LP, there's always the problem of the frets.
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
Any other toughts?
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I hate to see you get rid of the LP but the Strat sounds like a good deal. I would try to get him to decrease the cash to $50 as was said before. I have a feeling that you are never going to like the LP's neck, i.e. poor upper fret access. Pacifica's are good guitars too, but the pickup upgrade makes the Strat sound better to me, as Pacifica's don't have the greatest electronics. Check and make sure the work was done right, and other issues. Get a double humbucked mahogany double-cut later, like an SG. It will come close to LP's, at least enough to cover most songs, and the upper fret access is great.
Ah that strat looks beautiful..

But I think it'd suck to lose the Epiphone.

Do you think you could keep the cash, wait til christmas and get something then?
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
People, i think i'm going on the Pacifica...
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12
Quote by Z3r0M4nc3r
Is the same even counting the Pickup Changes?

That would lower the value actually. Well technically it wouldn't be worth as much, but could probably sell for more. Hard to explain.
Quote by Z3r0M4nc3r
People, i think i'm going on the Pacifica...

Don't do it.

You have 200 bucks now, right? Wait until x-mas (not too far away) and when you have enough cash, get a strat. Then you'll have 2 great guitars for all purposes. Trust me on this. You'll regret losing your LP.

strats are 400 bucks. You could get a second hand one for less.
I have an idea. I maybe use the 200 bucks on a Pickup Change (forget about frets, i guess i'll must practice more), any suggest?

Edit: Oh right, remember I most play cleans with a bit of overdrive, for Indie rock. I need a bridge pickup for Distortions too. I play with a Vox DA5, would a Pickup Change improve my tone?
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12
Last edited by Z3r0M4nc3r at Sep 15, 2007,
trust me, wait till christmas, save your $200, and pay for half of a strat with your parents paying the other half. then you will have two GREAT guitars, so you can play anything. and about one of the posts above, you dont need to go american for a strat for life, mexi's are fine.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
MIM Strats on my country are like 500$ ... maybe save is an option.
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12